Why in the TG's name do you have a bottle of Vodka in school with you?

Chapter 21

" Why in the TG's name do you have a bottle of Vodka in school with you?"

Introducing Ruby Rose as Layton Simpson!

Rochelle Quinn's POV:

"You're such an idiot, Kenzie Jensen." I stated, pouring vodka onto his bloody knuckles.

He hissed, almost drawing his hand back but a dark look from myself stopped him. Sammy looked onto the scene without saying much, he was holding an ice pack to his bruised face.

"Why did you have a bottle of Vodka in your bag?" Kenzie questioned suspiciously, narrowing his eyes at the bottle to the side of him.

I shook my head, wrapping gauze tightly over the cuts. "That's not relevant." Kenzie's sleeve seemed to move up as I wrapped his hand, my eyes drifted upwards for a split second. My breathing hitched as I saw the white and red lines decorating his forearm. My eyebrows furrowed.

Kenzie tugged his arm away from me as he noticed my gaze, pulling his sleeve down. "You're not allowed alcohol on school premises."

"Since when have I been one for rules?" I asked rhetorically, rolling my eyes at him.

He chuckled, his eyes diverted to the bruise on my cheek. "You should put ice on that."

"No need." I shrugged, putting all the gauze, and vodka, back into the first aid kit. "I've had worse, it'll be gone in a few days."

"You ever gonna tell me what you mean by that? Or why you're so good at first aid?"

I paused for a moment, putting my finger on my chin for the extra effect. I shook my head lazily, "Nah."

"Thank you."

I turned to the blond haired boy, smiling gently as he spoke quietly.

"You don't need to thank us, Sam. I don't know if you heard but apparently I'm the hero around here." I said matter of factly, yet sarcasm somehow found a way to sneak into my tone.

Kenzie snorted. "I actually heard people saying that. They barely know anything about you."

"Neither do you." I pointed out, shrugging. "People can believe what they wanna believe. Everyone loves a good hero."

"Touché"

"You're with us from now on, Sam. No more being alone." I promised, the corner of my lips pulling up as he gazed at me. "I won't let them hurt you again."

"You really like protecting people, don't you?" Kenzie spoke quietly, the emotion in his voice was almost deafening. I didn't like it.

I froze, thinking over my answer.

"I like teaching bad people a lesson. No one deserves to have a pact made against them, that's just fucked up."

Kenzie didn't look at me, but I soon noticed him scratching over his sleeve. He looked like he was day dreaming, even though the barrier in his eyes had gone back up.

"What about yourself then? You were in Juvie so you must have done something bad."

I thought about it for a moment. "It depends on the circumstances I guess. And I went to Juvie, that was my punishment."

"What were the circumstances then?" He still wasn't looking at me.

"Nice try." I grinned half-heartedly, shaking my head at his attempt for an answer.

"So was Juvie a good enough punishment?" A new voice chimed in. Blondie stood at the door, with a familiar redhead and brunette stood right behind him.

I raised an eyebrow. "I thought you were sent home."

Ivi smirked, "Kade texted us, we didn't want to miss the drama."

I rolled my eyes at his reply, turning back to Keegan. "Juvie wasn't that bad I suppose. I mean, I was locked away with murderers and thieves and psychopaths. It couldn't have been that bad." I said sarcastically.

"Rocky..." I looked up at Sky as he spoke, gesturing for him to continue. "Why in the TG's name do you have a bottle of Vodka in school with you?"

-&-

"Rochelle Quinn, please report to the councillors office immediately." The loud, squeaky voice demanded. I caught Kenzie's curious gaze and shrugged, letting him know that I had no idea what this interruption was about.

I strolled into the counsellors office, a bored expression tattooing itself on my face.

And speaking of tattoos.

A girl covered in them was sat on the desk, in front of the man that I presumed was Mr Lawerence.

"Nice for you to join us, Rochelle, please sit down." He smiled at me, gesturing to the chair.

I tried not to scowl at the use of my name but I failed. He look taken aback. "I prefer Rocky, sir." The amount of sarcasm that I laced into the word almost made him flinch.

He gulped, "Layton, this is Rocky. Rocky please meet Layton Simpson, she's a new student here." He looked uncomfortable at the informality.

"They're " The girl interrupted, "Not she, they're."

"Pardon?" He looked confused.

"I go by the pronouns they and their, not she and her." They spoke sincerely, trying to make their point known. "I'm gender fluid." They confirmed after seeing the mans puzzled reaction.

"Well anyway, I was hoping seen as you two are the new students that you could be friends." He smiled again, causing my skin to become irritated at the obvious strain in his facial features.

"No offence but I'm sure Lola-"

" My names Layton." They interrupted me, causing me to spin round and look at them.

I widened my eyes and gave them a fake apology. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry. Sir, I'm sure Luke could find many other friends. And I'm not really new, I've been here for a few weeks, I just haven't been in school."

"Yeah, Sir." Layton carried on, "I don't think I'd be good friends with Rachel."

"My names Rocky." I raised an eyebrow jokingly at them, sending a small smile.

"Well anyway, I don't think Riley is the right friend for me." Layton made eye contact with the dumb teacher and waited for him to reply.

"Oh." He laughed awkwardly, finally understanding what we were saying. "You're joking? Right?"

"Yes, Sir." Sarcasm leaked from my tone as I rolled my eyes. I looked at the clock. "Looks like it's lunch in 3, 2, Bye sir." I grabbed my bag and Lucy, leaving the office

I offered my hand to them. "Rocky Quinn. 18. Senior. Pronouns she/her."

Layton shook my hand, grinning at me. "Layton Simpson. 17. Senior. Pronouns are whatever." They shrugged, "I just wanted to annoy him, I don't really care."

"So she and her?" I questioned curiously.

"As I said, I don't mind. She and her. He and him. They and them. Knock yourself out."

*********

Hi everyone!

QOTC: What do you guys think of Layton??

Thank you all for reading!!

Lotta love,

Laska xx💞