The Pact

Chapter 9

" The Pact."

Rochelle Quinn's POV:

"Woah, look out."

I looked in front of me and saw a boy with dark hair kneel down to get my new books.

"I-I'm s-sorry" He stuttered. I recognised the voice instantly. He stood up and handed me my books, his eyes meeting mine and I glanced at him, utterly confused.

"Kade? Hey? It's okay." I said, not looking away. I sent him a small grin, remembering the day before.

For a moment I thought he was going to smile back at me, but then he looked away like he remembered something and he walked away before I had the chance to speak to him. What the fuck?

I had a strange feeling about that entire situation; Him leaving the car, hiding when he spoke to me and now avoiding speaking to me. I've always had a pretty good intuition and it was telling me now that something was not alright with him. It baffled me.

The rest of the morning went by in a blur. My lesson before lunch was English, with Nanny McPhee.

I walked in sighing, going straight to the back and sitting next to a girl with long, black hair.

Nanny McPhee droned on and on about Macbeth and it bored me more than anything. The old hag had the ability to make something so beautiful seem so ugly. I ignored her until she told us about some partner work, to which I finally addressed the girl next to me.

She spoke first, her voice laced with excitement. "Hey, I'm Malia. I thought you was awesome in class the other day!"

" Hey, I'm Rocky." I tried to smile at her but I couldn't help but think about Kade, and how sad he looked before.

" Lets get on with this."

-----

Lunch couldn't have come quick enough.

I ended up sat with Malia and her friends, which she was introducing me too.

"This is Cassie" she said pointing at the blonde girl. "She's a bitch at first but just give her some time and she'll warm up to you." She acted as if I should be afraid, which I found quite humorous.

Malia kept pointing at people. "And that's Lia, and Xander and Wyatt. He is so hot, and single, maybe you can make a move." She said jokingly and she winked at me. I tried not to roll my eyes but her suffocating enthusiasm was starting to get on my nerves.

I smiled at her but didn't tell her that the thought of having a relationship made me sick to the stomach.

I looked at the other side of the cafeteria where a group of boys were standing. The handsome boy from my first day was stood with them, I caught his eye for a second. He looked taken aback when I narrowed mine before I turned back to the table of people.

"Who are they?" I asked Malia.

She looked at the boys and pulled her eyebrow up flirtatiously. "That is Jackson Dean and his group. Totally drool worthy and footballers."

I didn't have much time to focus at the group of boys, as I noticed Kade walking into the cafeteria. I was interested in which group of friends he belonged to so I focused on him as he walked to the other side of the cafeteria and sat on the floor in a corner. Alone.

It was only then that I noticed all of the Jensen's sat on a table in the back, so I was surprised that Kade didn't go and sit with them.

"Why is he sat alone?" I asked Malia without taking my eyes off Kade.

She followed the direction that I was looking in, her eyes widened and she literally used her fingers to move my head so I wasn't facing him.

"Don't talk, or look, or even think about him if you want to stay alive." She warned seriously.

I assumed she meant it as a joke at first so I chuckled, but when I looked up at her, she looked even more serious then before.

"What do you mean? He's a Jensen" I asked, my eyebrows furrowing.

She got a little closer to me, like we were having a secret conversation and she didn't want anyone to know. "No, that is Kade. He doesn't have a last name anymore. Don't even think about him or Jackson will use the pact to destroy you."

"Pact?" I inquired further, thinking about the brothers conversation just the night before.

Keegan mentioned something about a pact....a pact against Kade.

"Look a while ago, something happened. I can't really talk about it, the pact forbids it. " She paused "A lot of things happened, and then Kace Jensen and Jackson Dean formed a pact against Kade. He's not allowed to speak to people, he's not allowed friends. You're only allowed to speak to him if your insulting him, and you're only allowed to touch him when you're hurting him. If you don't comply with the pact then they ruin your life. Just like they ruined Sammy's." She pointed to another boy with dazzling blond hair, sat on another table alone.

"Wow" I gritted my teeth and looked at Kade. He looked so lonely. How could he ever do anything that deserved that? From what I'd gathered over my time with the family, Kade was the nicest out of all the brothers, minus Keegan, and the sweetest. "But what about the other Jensens? Why don't they do something about it" I asked.

"Well, Jackson knows everything about everyone. He nearly ruined Keegan when he went against the pact. Luckily, Kace and Kane stopped him but it pretty much warned all of the others off. You can tell that Kane and Kenzie don't like it anymore then Keegan does." She said quietly.

"So, everyone just acts like he doesn't exists if they're not hurting him? Isn't that a bit cruel?" I questioned further, trying not to react.

Sometimes, isolation was worse than physical abuse. It fucks with your head.

"Cruel? You have no idea what happened Rocky. Trust me, Jackson has his reasons for what he's done, and so has Kace."

"Sorry Malia. I don't think you should be speaking to me. Otherwise, you'll get in trouble when I ruin Jackson. I don't care what Kade did."

-*-*-*-*-*-

The rest of the day I couldn't stop thinking about the pact. Luckily, I didn't have to speak to anybody else in class, because I wasn't able to concentrate on anything because of it.

I kept my eye on Kade all day, watching people bluntly act as if he didn't exist and for some reason it kind of broke my heart. And that was weird, because I didn't have a heart to begin with.

I just couldn't stop thinking about how lonely he must be. To be completely isolated by everyone around you, like you're a ghost, you're literally nothing to them. Especially when his own brothers did it as well.

Kade ignored me at home for that entire night. He wouldn't speak to me, wouldn't look at me. Both him and his brothers avoided all convocations with me after that.

I knew that the next day in school would bring trouble.

********

Hiiiii everyone!

Please vote, comment and follow!

Thank you all so, so much!

QOTC: What do you think about the pact?

Lotta love,

Laska xx💞