Fight

Chapter 55

"Fight."

Rochelle Quinn's POV:

- Warning: Mention of Rape and Child Sexual Abuse-

"Rocky, we need to talk." Mrs Jensen spoke, a sad glimmer in her eyes. She didn't have to say the words for me to know what it was about.

Fuck.

' This family is the only one who would take you. If they kick you out then you're going back to a home.'

"Please don't. Please, Mrs Jensen. Look I know...I know I'm a lot to handle and I'm a lot more fucked up than you first thought. But I'm trying, I swear I'm trying. I'll be good, I can be good. Please just give me another chance. Please, you're the best family I've ever been with." I begged, desperate for her to let me stay.

But she shook her head, refusing to look me in the eye.

I might not see Kenzie again.

"How long do I have? " I emptied my voice completely, acting emotionless.

I'm going to be separated from Alec and the others again.

"Miss Doyle will be here in half an hour." Mr Jensen spoke for his wife, placing his hand on the small of her back. She flinched. It was tiny, and almost unnoticeable but after spending 13 years in care, the littlest thing could be made so obvious within a moment.

"Alright."

*.*.*.*.*.*

I dragged my bag down the stairs, leaving all the money, new clothes, MacBook and phone that I'd been given in my old room. I honestly felt so pathetic that I'd gotten attached to another family when everyone knows that no one wants a fucked up kid.

It's my own fault.

Stay out of trouble. Don't fight.

The two rules Jenny Doyle had asked me to listen to.

It's a shame I don't tend to listen to rules often.

I've stayed in this place longer than the last 3 foster homes combined.

I heard Jenny's calming voice and then a loud argument taking place in the main room. Leaving my bags near the front door, I went to check it out.

All the boys, including Kenzie, stood in front of their parents, shouting and screaming. Kace was making obscene hand gestures while his brothers were screaming about something I couldn't understand. Mrs Jensen stood calmly in front of the boys while her husband shouted back at them. Jenny was stood between them all, trying to push the boys away from their parents and calm them all down.

"You can't fucking make her leave." Kane shouted over his brothers, only irritating his father further.

"She's family now, you don't get rid of family." His twin screamed, making me suddenly realise why they were arguing.

The boys wanted me to stay.

They were fighting for me.

"She's too much trouble! Absolutely not!" The old rat argued back, his fists clenching as he glared at his sons.

"Mom, tell him. Please." Kade begged, his glance wavering as his mother ignored him.

"Now everyone calm down, let's settle this as adults." I smiled at Jenny's weak attempt to sort out the conflict.