I think I may be blind...

Start from the beginning

I kiss my teeth, "It's a mild sprain, if that. Ice the swelling and wrap it up."

"Thanks." The twin mutters, pulling his wrist away so he could follow Kenzie into the kitchen.

"Stay away from me."

"What the fuck is your problem, Kenzie?" Kace instantly argues, irritation etching onto his face.

"You're my problem." The dark-haired boy replied bitterly, "All of you constantly trying to control what I do. I've lived by your rules all my life, not anymore."

"What are you talking about?!"

"Why do you have cuts all over your arm?" Kade asked unexpectedly, his widened eyes glancing upwards to meet his brothers.

Everything switched in an instant.

Kenzie grabbed Kade's collar, pulling him up against the wall. I flew forward, pushing him off.

"Don't ever touch him like that again." I demanded harshly, causing Kenzie to flinch slightly at my callous tone.

His expression switched entirely. It was almost as if he could finally realize what was going on. His gaze skipped from Kane's wrist, to Kade's fearful eyes and then to me.

Kenzie was breaking.

He ran, as fast as he possibly could, fleeing the room in an instant. I followed after him.

Tears decorated his face as his shattered eyes met mine.

My breathing hitched.

His arm was littered in violent, battered cuts. Some deep, some shallow. Some wide, some thin.

"Oh, Kenzie." I breathed out, fully aware of the pity my expression was showing.

"I'm so tired, Rae. I'm tired of it all." He held onto me as the sobs took over his body. "I don't want to do this anymore."

"Why, Kenz? Why've you hurt yourself?" My voice broke, and I grit my teeth in a pathetic attempt to stop any tears coming out.

My head fucking hurts.

"I- I can't stop it. I'm sorry." He hiccuped, tightening his grip on my body. "He's in my head, all the damned time."

I shushed him, running my fingers through his hair gently. "It's okay. It's okay Kenz, just breathe. You don't need to apologise, you've got this."

"Please, don't leave me." He begged. "Please, I'm sorry. I didn't want to hurt them, I didn't mean it."

"Hey! You won't scare me away." I promised.

"I don't know what to do anymore, Rae." He admitted tearfully. "Everything's dark. The boys just keep talking and talking until I want to rip my fucking hair. And they're back."

My brows furrowed as his voice broke, "Who are back?"

"Mom and Dad." He swallowed, "My Dad's back."

"So?"

"Keegan's the only person who actually speaks to him." Kenzie explained, sniffling. "Kane and Kace just argue, and Dad barely speaks to Kade. He never showed him any interest when we were younger, we didn't know why until we found out about The Rossi's."

"What about your Mom?" I questioned quietly.

"She was close with Kade until we found out about The Rossi's. Now they barely talk. She's always argued with the twins." He shrugs.

"Kace said your Dad wants to speak to me." I tell him, not expecting the way his eyes flickered at my words.

"Don't. Don't speak to him, not without my Mom there." He stuttered, his eyes widening at my words.

"Why not?" My brows furrowed.

"He's....He's got a bad temper."

"So?" I snorted, "One hand goes near me and I'll snap it in half."

"I don't doubt it." He says quietly, "Just...Just be careful."

"Careful's my middle name." I grinned.

"For some reason, I doubt it."

"Hey!" I slapped his arm, "I can be responsible when I want to be!"

"No you can't." He deadpanned.

I pouted, crossing my arms over my chest.

He leaned back, away from me. Biting his lip, his eyes drifting from my eyes to my mouth.

"I want to kiss you." Our gazes met, and nothing in the world seemed to matter at that moment.

"Are you sure?" I pushed, making sure he was certain.

"I've never been more sure about anything in my life."

I wait a moment, giving him a chance to stop it. When he didn't, I placed my hand gently on his neck and pulled his face towards mine.

Our lips met. Sparks danced along my skin as a deep passion ignited in my stomach.

He tenses as the kiss deepened, I held myself back and let him take over.

"You're in control, Kenz." I mumble against his lips, wrapping my arms entirely around his neck. "You're in control."

He smiles faintly, pushing his lips so hard against mine that the butterflies in my stomach soon spread to my mouth.

I wanted him in numerous ways, but he wasn't ready for that.

I understood that. I understood if he never wanted to go the full way with me. I'd wait for him.

All I want is for him to feel safe, and free.

He deserves to be loved, and cherished, and freed.

Freed from his past. Freed from his abuser. Freed from his demons.

I'm going to make him happy again.

-&-

Opinions?

What should Rocky do next? Do you think Kenzie should tell his brothers?

Thank you all for reading!

All my love,

Alaska xx