Is your name WiFi? Because I'm really feeling a connection right now.

Start from the beginning

"Emily died." I looked at the ground as I spoke, not being able to hide the pain in my tone. She was a good friend to all of us, I wasn't even there to say goodbye to her.

Ivan's eyes watered at that, he bit his lip in a bid to stop the tears falling.

"The kid...her names Bandit. She was Emily's." My voice hardened, anger shooting through my veins. "I'm not going to let you punish Jesse when he's been waiting for you since he was 14. It's still him, isn't it?"

"It'll always be him." Ivan gulped, "It's always been him."

"Ivan, you're basically my brother and I love you so that's why I'm saying get the fuck up and go and see him. He deserves to be happy and so do you."

"Okay." We both stayed silent as we finished our joints, standing up and going back in the direction we came in.

Standing at the door again, I waited for Ivan's to knock on it.

Fuck this.

I grabbed the handle, walking into the house with Ivan following me.

It looked the exact same as it did when we were children.

The memories hit me instantly.

This house held secrets that I could never forget.

The long night talks, the safe refuge, the parties.

I walked into the living room as though I never left, smirking as Zach looked up at me from couch with a massive grin on his face.

"Is your name WiFi? Because I'm really feeling a connection right now." He moved his eyebrows, standing up and grabbing my hand, pulling me into one of them bro hugs.

"Not anymore, Z, I go by Rocky now." I joked, a smile illuminating my face.

Zach's face lit up when he noticed Ivan stood behind me, "Ivan, long time no see. How've you been, bro?" He fucked off the bro hug and just pulled him into a normal one.

"Pretty good I guess. What about you man? How've you been?"

We heard Jesse's voice before we saw him, I heard Ivan suck in a breath.

"Zach, stop making so much noise. Bandits sleeping." He walked into the dining room, he stopped walking as soon as he noticed us stood there.

" 'Van." Jess managed to let out, dropping the clothes in his hands.

My breathing hitched, waiting for someone else to talk.

Ivan pushed past me, melting into Jesse's embrace as if things had never changed. The brunette held Ivan's head to him, letting Ivi burrow his head into his shoulder.

"I thought you forgot about me." Ivan muttered, his voice muffled by his sobs and the clothes.

Jesse shook his head, closing his eyes. His voice came out in a whisper. "Never."

I looked back to Zach, who smiled at seeing his little brother so content.

"Come on." I whispered, pulling his sleeve but he wouldn't move.

"Zach move." I dragged him into the kitchen, leaving them alone.

"You want a drink?" He asked instantly, grabbing a bottle of Jack and pouring himself a glass.

"Yeah, go on then." I leaned back onto the mantle, accepting the cup with ease as he handed it to me.

"I miss her you know." He stared into the dark liquid, swirling it around in the cup.

"It gets easier." I tell him with certainty, welcoming the burning liquid onto my taste buds.

"Rowan isn't dead, Rock. Your little brothers still alive, my little sister isn't."

I sent him a small, pitiful smile. "But your little brother is still alive, and he needs you."

"I have a feeling my brother will be just fine now." He half-smiled.

"So do I." I grinned, the silence between Zach and I allowed us to hear the quiet mumbles from the next room.

"They deserve to be happy, after all they've dealt with." Zach commented idly, not realising the full extent of his words

"Bessie! Oncle Bess!!" I froze as a little demon of hell ran into the room, arms wide open with drool running down her chin.

I hate kids.

"Bandit." Jesse froze, eyes widening as he studied Ivan's reaction.

He kneeled down, picking up the child.

He smiled slightly, showing his infamous grin. "Hello Bandit, I'm your Uncle Ivi."

She blinked at him, stopping wriggling in his arms at his soothing voice.

Her small hand surged forward, caressing his cheek in wonder.

"Oncle Bess loves Oncle Ivi?" She asked hopefully, the big brown eyes widening in astonishment.

Fuck hating kids, I like this one.

Jesse placed his hand on the small of Ivan's back, not moving his gaze from his niece.

"Very much so."

I have a feeling that they'll be okay.

My cell buzzed, disrupting the scene. I apologised instantly, taking the cell from my pocket and looking at the message.

Kenz ❤️x

Your social workers here. She wants to see you! x

I ignored the kiss at the end, shaking off the wave of happiness that flew through my veins at the very gesture.

Jenny's at my house.

Well shit.

___________

Thanks for reading!

All my love,

Laska xx