“Hey Lou…” I mumbled.

He looked up from his phone and smiled at me. “Nice sleep?”

“Mmm.. yes thanks,” I grinned sleepily. “What time is it?”

Louis checked his watch. “Ten.” He informed me. Oh, I still haven’t text Jake yet.

“Loouuu…” I asked, giving him puppy dog eyes. “Can I borrow your phone again please?”

He raised his eyebrows at me. “What for?”

“Nothing in particular…”

“Emily, you’re not having it until you tell me why you want it.” He told me sternly.

“Urgh, fine!” I huffed, giving up. “Where’s Harry?”

“He went to see Zayn about something, why?”

“I want to text Jake.” Louis’ mouth formed a thin line, and he didn’t look best impressed.

“Why?”

“Because he’s my friend, and I would like to see him again.” I stated.

“But…”

“Louis, I don’t want you telling me who I can and can’t see.” I said. He doesn’t have the right to do that.

“I do if it involves one of my best mates!” He exclaimed. What?! How does it involve any of the boys? He doesn’t even know Jake.

“How did you figure that out?” I snapped back, folding my arms across my chest.

“I…er…it’s…” He stuttered, seeming to look embarrassed.

“Well spit it out Lou.” I said, tapping my foot on the floor.

“It doesn’t matter,” He sighed, producing his phone from his pocket. “Just be careful please?”

“What’s that supposed to mean?” His words really are confusing me at the moment.

“Nothing..” He muttered. I let out and exasperated sigh, before storming off to my room and slamming the door behind me. Why do boys have to be so confusing?!

I collapsed down onto my bed and pulled the slip of paper back out from under my pillow.

I quickly sent a text off to Jake, now a master of this technology. It must have been seconds until the phone buzzed with a reply.

“Hey you! Was wondering when you were going to text! :) When are you next free? x”

I thought quickly. I have work tomorrow. Hmm, but I think I have day off the next day.

“Wednesday!x”

“Can we meet up? x” A smile spread across my face.

“I’d love to! When?x”

“I’ll come pick you up at 12! x” I quickly told him the road the complex was on, telling him to wait at the top for me, before saying goodbye and deleting all the messages. When I went back out into the living room, Harry was now seated with Louis, and the TV was playing quietly.

“Thanks Lou,” I smiled, handing his phone back over to him.

Harry sat up a bit, eyeing the phone. “You used Louis’ phone again?” He asked, looking up at me.

“Yes.” I said curtly.

“Why?”

“Oh my god. Why are you all so nosy? Because I wanted to talk to someone okay?” I exclaimed. I was getting sick of all these questions.