Chapter 23 - Green

Green. She had a new found hatred for it. It even got to the point where she would look at her sister's old jacket with disgust, but she still wore it, nonetheless. After all, it wasn't because of the color scheme that she wore it. She wore it originally in memory of her dead sister, but now it meant so much more. It was a badge of honor that she eagerly wore for someone else...for Sans. She was his three in one: a trophy, a trophy case, and a weapon wrapped all in one. She herself was a trophy that he won through hard work and persistence, but she also wore two things that he acquired from who he considered to be his hardest opponents so far. Chara and Papyrus.

She hummed thoughtfully as she looked at the contrast of the vibrant and complementary colors of the two trophies, the red stark and bold in comparison to the green and vice versa. Then she looked down at her own sweater that she held in her hands and the colors that represented her, blue and purple. The colors were inviting and friendly, a soothing cool and comforting warmth as they drew a soft chuckle from her at the deception offered by them. One glance at her, and you wouldn't expect a lethal blow or sinister laugh, but both were exactly what you would get if you crossed paths with her in the dark.

Frisk rubbed her thumb across the fabric of her sweater before letting it fall from her grasp as it hit the floor almost inaudibly. She raised her gaze back to the full body mirror, taking in her own form and its new shape. She hadn't changed much since this whole thing started except for returning back to a healthy weight, filling out the curves of her figure a bit more, but the smooth curves were matched with the jagged edges of her scars, the most prominent of all being the one on her shoulder from her first night with Sans where he had stabbed her. She traced over the soft pink flesh with the tips of her fingers, humming softly as she thought back over that night.

"Whatcha thinkin' 'bout, Mercy?"

She smiled as his hands found her bare waist, having been standing in front of the mirror in just a pair of jeans and a black sports bra. His head came to rest on her shoulder as he met her gaze through the mirror, and his fingers drummed on her bare skin. She reached up to press her hand against his cheek, leaning her head against his as her lips curled into a twisted smirk, and she replied, not necessarily answering his question, "We should go out tonight."

"Is that so?" Sans responded though his thoughts and eyes seemed to be on...other things. "I was thinking we stay in."

"We've been staying in for the past couple nights," Frisk scoffed as she stepped forward, pulling herself out of his grasp so she could turn around and fully face him. He, however, wasn't feeling up to letting go of her as he took that one step to be in front of her again, his hands returning to her hips as she continued, "I'm getting tired of acting normal around Grillby and his family...Let's go out and have some fun...Spread a little mercy..."

"I mean, that's what I was planning on doing," Sans replied simply with a sly grin, but Frisk rolled her eyes, knowing better than that. While he might have gotten carried away with her if they stayed in that night, she knew that he really wanted to bide his time before taking that last piece to claim her. He was still playing the game with her, and now it was a test of wills to see who won. She had the feeling that she might win because when it came down to it, she knew exactly how to push his buttons...how to get him to follow along with her little plans. Just like he did with her.

It was a very matched game.

"Come on, Murder..." Frisk cooed with a broad grin, finding and pressing that button in his mind that enjoyed the nickname as his eyes lifted to meet hers. "Don't you want to see me at work? I know you enjoy it, and it has been so long since I've gotten to show a little mercy."

A growl rumbled from Sans' chest, and she knew that she had a hook sunk into him. Now all she had to do was reel him in...She pressed close to him, wrapping her arms around his neck as she tipped her face up so her face was mere centimeters away from his and teased, "Unless being here has turned you soft..."