Chapter Fifteen

Harper Listened to the ripples of the water hit the side of her small wooden boat. The sun was finally brave enough to come out of hiding so the air felt warmer. The rays were too bright for her so as Harper laid on the floor of the boat she rested her baseball cap over her eyes. It felt good to feel the warm kisses of the bright star on her skin. Especially after being locked in that cold hospital room.

It had been over a week but she was given strict instructions to take it easy the next few days. Usually Harper would disobey and find something to keep her busy, but today was a good day to lay down and think. The weather becoming warmer was just a bonus.

Earlier in the morning Harper turned in her film that was her entry to the "contest." Smiling to herself she daydreamed about what would happen if she won. She could make an amazing video in Hawaii. 

She Heard a few birds land on the dock beside her but they quickly flew away chirpring at the sound of heels coming closer. It was probably the nurse ready to yell at her for being outside so Harper didn't bother taking her cap off to look.

"You look ready for summer darling."

The french smooth accent gave away who it was and Harper stretched her body out yawning. Letting her eyes wonder Ava smiled slyly. The girls body in front of her was long and lean yet her breast were the perfect round shape that you see in magazines. "Mind if I join?"

Pulling herself up on the seat she shook her head and put her hand on the dock to steady the wooden vessel. Miss. Rose took Harpers other hand as she carefully entered the boat and sat in front of her. "What a respectful woman."

Harper laughed slightly grabbing the ore and Ava couldn't help but sigh loudly. Her heart kept throbbing harder every time she saw that smile. "I saw you talking to the police yesterday." She stated pushing the small boat away from land.

"They say they know who..." Ava paused clasping her hands together, "know you drugged you."

Unfazed by the word Harper paddled quietly looking out at the water. "Who was it?"

Admiring the girls eyes Miss. Rose replied quietly. "Some men came to work on the electricity that day. They must have been fond of you."

"Can you blame them?" Harper winked at her teacher and kept rowing at a steady pace.

Not knowing how to reply to the joke she leaned back letting her face feel the sun. There must be a reason Harper took such a serious situation and turned it into a laugh. Looking around she saw the school become smaller and the lake grow bigger. Turning her head slightly she admired Harpers muscles become prominent as she rowed.

"Are you and and Abigail in love?"

The question took Ava aback. She squinted her eyes and grinned, "Where did you hear that?"

Not looking at her Harper ignored the question. "Some of the girls say you are a magical siren that makes girls fall in love." She paused swirling the water around with the ore. "they all love you for some reason or another, but Abigail says you are hers."

Thinking to herself Ava didn't know what to say. She knew the girls had admiration for her. Every since the first year she started teaching it was like a fun game of cat and mouse. It worked because in the end the mice always get eaten and the cat is still praised, but Abigail really thinks it is love. "If I'm a magical siren, why did you take me somewhere alone?"

Harper didn't respond she just scrunched her nose at the sky.

Sighing Ava sat up, "I am glad the girls speak so highly of me, but Abigail is underage."