Chapter Fourteen

Ava Rose took her time stirring the brown liquid. She put both hands around the thick white mug, poking three of her fingers through the stubby handle, and brought it close to her face. The liquid was a beautiful shade of almond, lightened with warm cream, and a fragrant steam rose from it like mist off the lake outside. She allowed a tiny sip into her mouth where it filled her palate with a delicious combination of bitter and sweet. Warmth oozed down Ava's throat even before she swallowed, and she rolled the liquid around on her tongue for just a second before she let it slide smoothly down. Staring at the door she took another sip. Just as she counted down in her head a soft knock was heard. Smoothing her shirt and shaking her hand in her hair she opened the door and grinned.

Abigail entered cautiously crossing her arms. "Why did you want to see me?"

Picking up her mug again Ava clicked her tongue, "Why so scared my dear?"

She was taken aback. "I'm not scared." Pausing Abigail looked around, "I was annoyed at you, but I'm not anymore."

Ava raised her eyebrows, "Why?"

"Why was I annoyed or why am I not annoyed anymore?"

She shrugged in response so Abigail let her hands fall down to her hip as she sighed, "You humiliated me in front of everyone!"

Ava looked her up and down and stayed quite. Her accent came off as whiny making it very difficult to listen.

"But I walked in and I saw how beautiful you looked...How can I stay aggravated at that?"

The tall woman was unmoved by the compliment. Her coffee entered her mouth once again letting her enjoy the strong taste. The day Abigail refereed to was still fresh in her memory. Harper had worn a tight black shirt that showed the curves of her body, but after a while she put on her hoodie. large hoodie that covered her body. Studying Abigail she smiled and walked forward. "Enough about the past. What have you been doing lately? I've hardly seen you."

"Honestly it's been incredibly boring. Fiona has been entranced with some idea, so her nose has been in her notebook."

"Have you written anything new lately?"

"No." She responded sheepishly, "Just homework assignments then the telly."

Ava laughed to herself. She could never imagine Harper spending her time watching TV unless she had to. "Have you heard the news that's circling the school?" Abigail shook her head and Miss. Rose licked her teeth, "You haven't heard about Harper in the hospital?"

"That Bitch probably fell down the stairs." She laughed at her own joke.

Looking up from her coffee her eyes narrowed and Abigail knew she said too much. "Do you know why she's in there?"

Suddenly words wouldn't come out of her mouth and Ava walked over with a sly grin. "Baby...Don't be afraid."

"No, I don't know why..." Her eyes tried to avoid the woman who moved her hips seducively towards her. "What are you doing?"

Shushing her Ava grabbed her hand and brought her to the bed. Pushing her shoulders back Abigail obeyed and laid down on the silky comforter. Her heart beat faster seeing Miss. Rose crawl over. She felt her shirt rise up and a cold touch slid up her stomach. Hovering over Ava let her head come down close to the girls face. "Do you still want me Abigail?"

Nodding she extended her neck to let her kiss it but suddenly hands wrapped around tightly. It took everything Abigail had to try and yell out, she didn't like what was happening. Her eyes opened to tell Miss. Rose to stop but there was a different face looking at her. She had Ava's facial features but her eyes glowed green. Her nose scrunched when she smiled and a sly laugh caused goosebumps to grow on her skin.