Ch. 31

Bellamy ran through the airport, his heart racing. Having to explain himself to security twice, he slowed to a very fast walk, but continued pushing through the crowds, hunting down blonde women.

After searching and searching, he plopped down into a seat by the window. His head fell into his hands after watching a plane take off, wondering if that was the plane Clarke had chosen. A lump forming, his chest constricting, his hope faded.

"The airport seems full of upset people today."

Bellamy turned to his right, a broad man in a suit. "Sorry?" He asked.

"I don't know what it is about tonight, but earlier there was a girl in that exact seat who was upset, too." The man replied.

Bellamy rubbed his hands down his face. "I lost the woman I love," he admitted with a heavy sigh. "I said some stupid shit, and now she's on a plane. I don't even know where to, so I can't chase her."

"Maybe not," the guy shrugged. "The girl I talked to earlier didn't leave."

"I'm not that lucky," Bellamy whispered. He dialed her number again. "Come on, Clarke," he muttered.

"Clarke?"

Bellamy turned back to the man with the pony tail. "Excuse me?"

"Blonde hair?"

"Yes!" Bellamy practically shouted, his eyebrows rising.

"She's the girl, man. She never got on a plane," the man explained.

Bellamy dialed his sister this time, not even bothering with a greeting. "Is she home? Did she come back?"

"I don't see her car, Bell. No lights on at her house," Octavia sighed. "How long are you--"

"Until I find her, O!" He hung up quickly, thanking the man he was sitting next to before bolting for the exit.

He dialed one more person, Indra. "Indra?"

"Bellamy?"

"She never got on a plane! She's not gone, Indra. But, I need to know where her mom lives. I think that's where she would go," he explained in a rush. "Please?"

Indra rambled off am address and he quickly typed it into his phone. Bellamy left the airport, his tires squealing on the way out.