Ch. 27

Bellamy pulled into his driveway, spotting Lincoln's car. Something he had finally accepted. As he opened his front door, it was strangely quiet. Walking into the living room felt as if he was walking into an intervention.

"Uh, is everything okay?" He asked.

Lincoln, Octavia, and Clarke were so on the couch together, so he sat in the chair closest to Clarke. He watched as Clarke wrapped a protective arm around Octavia, and he got nervous.

"Bellamy, I'm pregnant."

Bellamy felt his eyes widen at his sister. "Excuse me?"

"Right now, I'm about four weeks," she answered him.

Bellamy stood and paced, his hand in his hair. "How long have you know about this?"

"About two weeks," Octavia admitted. "I wanted to go to a doctor and be sure before I told you."

"So for two weeks you've hidden a pregnancy from me?" He demanded.

"No!" She defended. "I wanted to make sure, the test could have been wrong."

He slid his gaze over to Clarke who still hadn't released his sister. "And how long have you known?"

"I'm the one that bought her the test," Clarke said, her shoulders back. "I made sure she got into the doctor's office."

"And you just took that upon yourself?" He asked, anger taking over. "And you hid it, too? You're not her family Clarke! You're not her guardian!"

Clarke rose from the couch, meeting his gaze. "You're no longer her guardian, Bellamy. She is eighteen. She came to me, scared and I helped her. It wasn't my place to tell you."

"Bellamy," Octavia warned.

"No! You're graduating in just a few weeks. You were supposed to go college! It's been your dream! How could you do this?"

"I'm going to college still! Having a baby doesn't take away from that," she tried to explain.

"I have a job and an apartment," Lincoln said, holding Octavia's hand. "My lease will be up in December and we'll get somewhere bigger."

"Octavia, Lincoln, could you two excuse us?" Clarke asked. They nodded, leaving against Bellamy's protests.

"Keep screaming at her and she's going to leave, Bellamy. You can be upset, but you're pushing her away."

Bellamy whipped his head, staring daggers at Clarke. "It's not your fucking place," he spat.

Clarke just shrugged, which made him even more mad. "You're right. But, when she goes, either to Lincoln or somewhere else, think back to this moment. You can accept it or you can lose her," she said, closing the door behind her.

Bellamy was pissed as he watched her through the glass of the front door. How could she hide this from him? How could Octavia?

He watched Octavia hurt her head in Clarke's shoulder, now furious. At himself, because now he felt guilty.