Ch. 26

"I think I'm pregnant."

Clarke almost dropped the plate she was holding at Octavia's rushed words. "I'm sorry, what?" She demanded.

"My period is late," Octavia admitted.

"Are you on birth control?"

"Yes, I've been on the pill for two years. But I do forget sometimes, and sometimes the condoms break or come off."

Clarke's world seemed to stop in that moment. "Okay, how late are you?" She asked, kicking herself.

"A week and a half."

Clarke tied her hair up, something she always did when she was stressed, and sighed. "Okay, listen, I don't want to have to ask but I have to. Are you keeping it, if you are?"

"I've never thought about having kids," Octavia admitted. "But, I will have this baby. If I'm pregnant."

"Okay," Clarke nodded. "Have you talked to Lincoln?"

"I wanted to make sure first."

Clarke grabbed her keys. "Let's go. We're going to grab some tests."

"It says two minutes," Octavia said, letting Clarke into the bathroom. The test was sitting on Clarke's counter by the sink.

Instead of staring at it like she wanted to, she paced. Octavia sat on the closed toilet,  her legs jumping. Clarke's nerves spiked as the timer on her phone went off.

Together they both took a breath and looked at the test.

Positive.

"Holy shit," Octavia whispered, her hand instinctively going to her stomach.

Something clicked I'm Clarke's head. "Okay, no more birth control. Go ahead and toss it, okay? Tomorrow morning before work I'll go and get you some prenatal vitamins from the drug store while we wait for your doctor. Speaking of, you need to make an appointment. Also, you've got to tell Lincoln."

"Bellamy's going to kill us," Octavia realized.

"No, he won't. He will be upset, yes. But, it will blow over." She sighed. "One day."

"Call the doctor tomorrow morning and make the appointment and let Lincoln take you, okay? Unless, he doesn't want to, I will. But I am positive he will."

"Okay," she breathed.

"Hey, I'm here. Okay? And Bellamy will be over time. Okay?"