Ch. 5

"Phone!" Carl, the cook yelled, causing Bellamy to put away his notepad and step out of the pantry.

"Hello, Indra's Diner," he answered.

"Is Indra there?" A female asked.

"One second," he said into the phone, putting it to his chest. "Hey, Carl! Has Indra came back yet?" Carl shook his head, no. "I'm very sorry ma'am, she's not in right now. Would you like to leave a number or a message?"

The girl sighed. "No, thank you anyways, Bellamy." The call ended, Bellamy confused.

Who was that? Putting the phone back on the hook, he walked back to the pantry to finish inventory.

"Hey, I'm back!" Indra's voice floated into the freezer where Bellamy was.

Finishing his list, he stepped out to meet her. "Here," he handed her the pad. "Inventory took me forever and a day, but it's all down."

"Thank you so much," she took the list. "Would you mind checking the mail while I start making these calls? I forgot while I was out."

Bellamy nodded. "You got it." It had been a few weeks since the last one again, so he was sure one day soon that the mailbox would absolutely have a postcard in it. He opened the mailbox, finding a card inside. He turned it over in his hands, a little disappointed that there was no picture.

"Indra, I've got big news. I love you!" It read.

"Are you aware that reading other people's mail is illegal?" Bellamy jumped a little at the soft voice, but he quickly his his embarrassment.

"These are pretty public he-Woah," he stopped, taking in the girl in front of him. Clarke was here, in the flesh. And she was even more beautiful in person. "Postcard Princess. In the flesh."

"And you must be Bellamy," she smiled. "Actually, would you mind if I brought that card in myself? I thought it would arrive yesterday."

"Uh, sure," Bellamy shrugged, handing her the card. "Let me help you with you bags."

"Thank you, I'm sure Indra would smack you of you didn't," she laughed.

Bellamy took her bags, entering the diner with her in his heels. Heads all turned, whispers filling the small diner as they made their way to the back.

"Did I get a card?" Indra asked from her office.

"Can you come here real quick?" Bellamy called back.

Indra stepped from her eyes, narrowing her eyes at the bags. Clarke stepped around him,  holding the post card.

"Last one," Clarke smiled.

Bellamy could've laughed as the two women rushed to each other, knocking over things as they wrapped their arms around each other and sobbed, quietly. But their emotions were too much, too powerful. Bellamy suddenly felt like an intruder on a private moment, so he tucked Clarke's things by the door and left the kitchen, walking around to check on customers.