Ch. 22

"No, this sentence is too long. Way too many commas," Clarke said. "Break it up right here, make two sentences," she pointed to Octavia's paper.

Octavia erased and fixed her paper. "Perfect," Clarke praised her. "But, I would add another sentence or two in the introduction. Make your teacher want to read your paper."

"Are you guys doing homework?" Bellamy asked.

Clarke didn't face him, still reading. "Oh! This is good. Okay, rewrite this in the conclusion, too. It helps sum everything up perfectly." Clarke finally turned to meet Bellamy's gaze. "Grab breakfast, I was just helping her fix a few things."

"Isn't it Saturday? Why are you guys up?" He asked.

"Octavia has a breakfast date with Lincoln before work and I have to get a put in my name," Clarke chuckled.

"Speaking of, he's here," Octavia said, putting her papers back in her book bag. "See you guys later!"

"Wow," Bellamy said after Octavia left. "She would bite my head off if I offered to help her," he laughed lightly.

"Well, she asked," Clarke shrugged. "I'm sure she will need you next semester when she has Econ."

"Oh shit, I forgot last night. Indra has your degree at the diner."

"Thank you," Clarke smiled. "I'll be there later on."

"I forgot you were getting your car back, too." He said.

"I am," she smiled. "I've got a million things to do today, though. Lights, water, furniture, other shit I need," she sighed. "I'll have to get cable and internet, but I need a tv first."

"I'm off at two," Bellamy said. "Let me drive you around today and help you get everything. We can fit a bunch in the bed."

"Seriously?! I owe you so fucking much," she said, happily.

"I'll take my payment later tonight or tomorrow," Bellamy joked.

Clarke fished out her phone. "It's my Mom," she apologized, stepping out front. "Hello?"

"Hey, we're about two minutes away. Are you home?"

"Yes," Clarke hurried across the street. "Where are we needing to meet the lawyers and stuff."

"City hall," her mother answered. "We can follow you there, though. I see you."

Clarke slid her phone into her jeans, smiling as her mom stepped out of her car.

"The place looks amazing, still," she breathed.

"It does," Clarke agreed. She saw Bellamy leaving the house, his tight gray shirt on again, still teasing her. She waved to him as he drove by, slowly.

"Who is that?" Her mother asked. "I don't think I recognize him."

"You should, he moved across the street three years ago."

"Oh. Uhm, well we were already staying a few nights at a time at the new place by then," Abby admitted.

"That's Aurora's son," Clarke told her. "Bellamy Blake."

"Wait, Aurora? She moved away in college."

"Because she was pregnant," Clarke told her. "She uh, she was very sick and they moved here so she could be buried here."

Abby's face fell. "Oh, I hadn't heard."

"You could stop by later," Clarke suggested. "Pay your respects?"

"I will," Abby nodded. "Let's get downtown, though. They're waiting."

Clarke gripped the deed and all the other papers in her hands tightly. She thanked the lawyers and her mother again, feeling like a giddy kid and a toy store.

"Would the two of you like to join me for lunch at Indra's?" She offered.

"Absolutely," Marcus smiled. They drove over, sitting at Clarke's usual table. They ordered quickly, Indra making sure she was the one who greeted them.

"Clarke, now that you're a homeowner, we wanted to talk to you about furniture. Have you started working yet? We want to help you at least get a bed," Marcus said.

"Oh, I can cover it," Clarke assured them.

"How?"