Ch. 28

Clarke watched through her front window as Bellamy invited Octavia back in the house, not Lincoln, though.

For months, Clarke hasn't cried. She hasn't felt the need to. Life had been incredible with The Blakes, her job. She had even made extreme progress with her mother. But now, her chest hurt as she curled into her bed. She allowed herself to cry, angry that a man made her feel this way. She had expected him to be angry, but his venom laced words had actually hit her right in the chest.

The next morning, Clarke shut her alarm off. She was too lazy to make coffee, though it didn't take much effort, so she grabbed a can of coffee from the fridge.

A knock on the door drew her attention as she was looking for breakfast. Octavia. Clarke moved aside, letting her in.

"Is everything okay?" Clarke asked.

"He's still so pissed," Octavia sighed. "He won't look at me."

"Bellamy's mad, but he's also very hurt Octavia. You came to me and we didn't tell him that night. So, he's upset. But it will pass," Clarke promised. "Why don't you go home and invite him to your next appointment? It's an ultrasound, so he will see the baby. And pack a bag, I'm going to take you to that hospital we talked about. Okay? You need a break."

Clarke finished her coffee and grabbed her old backpack. She filled it with just what she needed and then grabbed the bag of decaf teas and coffee. Locking her door behind her, she opened her trunk and put her stiff inside.

Octavia put her stuff in, too as she heard Bellamy's front door slam. Octavia got in and buckled as Clarke's shoulders tensed for a fight.

"What the fuck?" He shouted. "You hide her secrets, baby her and what now? Teach her to runaway like you?! Just because you've never been able to stay in one place or face your problems doesn't give you the right to encourage that shitty trait on other people!"

Clarke swallowed the lump in throat and faces him. "I'm taking her up to Polis to visit the hospital there. I've arranged for her to speak to the leading obgyn and neonatal doctors. She's going to make a birth plan and be sure she gets through her pregnancy and delivery safely. She'll be back home tomorrow evening, and she's already finished her homework." Clarke opened her car door. "Also, Indra is aware of the situation and gave her the weekend off."

Clarke closed her door and started backing up, pulling onto the street.

"He didn't mean that," Octavia whispered.

Clarke was furious at Bellamy. How had he gone from being in love to this? She was even more angry, because all she wanted to do at that moment was to speed off and never come back.