Chapter 42: Engagement

The engagement day
Everyone was invited for the engagement, Oberai family was also invited.

Oberai Mansion
Vineet was with Ruhana he asked her "you are not ready?"

Ruhana looked at him "for what!! I am not going anywhere"
Just then they heard a voice "I am ready to go"

Ruvi turned, Ruhana was shocked seeing her all dressed up for the function.

She got up and went to her "mannu what are you doing?"

Manvi smiled at her "di, if we don't go then uncle and aunty will feel bad.. and Aarav also won't like if all his friends are not there"

She went saying "I am waiting for you inside the car"

Ruhana looks at her go and utters "how easily you are hiding the pain behind the smile"

Vineet insists her to come to which she agress.

Engagement Hall
After sometime they arrive at the hall and were welcomed by Anand and Neelam.

Anand says "I am so sorry but it was Aarav who force us to invite you to function"

Vineet nodes "it is alright, we can understand"

He looked at Ruhana and said "Ruhana please keep your mood normal"

Ruhana looks at him and nodes..
They find themselves a place to sit, Ruhana looks around and finds Manvi standing at the corner with Shruti. She could feel they were arguing over something.

Shruti scolded Manvi "you are mad Manvi why are you here??"

Manvi answered her "shru please, I don't have answer to your questions" and left from there.

After sometime Avantika entered the hall along with Aarav with holding hands. Manvi looked at them with teary eyes but she wiped the water in eyes before it could drop down or seen by anyone.

They passed by her, Avantika passed a mysterious look to Manvi which indicated her victory.

Rajeev stood beside her and says "Manvi why are you silent?? Please speak up stop all this" but Manvi kept on staring at the two.