17.

Charlotte

"ROMEO!!" I shout at the top of my lungs. The wolf stops for a short second before growling loudly at me. It's sharply pointed fangs on clear sight. I think I made it angrier than it already was. Great. This is how I die. By a werewolf. Who would have guessed?

I shut my eyes and prepare for the outcome. I waited.

And waited.

Then I heard it. The sounds of bones crushing. It aimed for my rib cage. Right below my heart.

Yet, I wasn't in any pain. Is death painless? It looked like it hurt, especially for my mother. I can feel the tears dripping down my cheeks ever so slowly. Can you cry when you're dead? Does that mean my mother was crying as well?

"Charlotte," a faint says and suddenly feels like I'm floating. I guess I'm on my way to heaven.

Now I'm flying. On something fluffy. Must be a cloud. But it's not what I imagined a cloud would feel like.

I'm flying faster. Closer to the gates. Closer to God himself. Then, I suddenly stop.

I hear cries from all around me. People are shouting. It also sounds like they're crying. Am I imagining my funeral?

I can feel my skin being free. I must be decomposing. I really am dead.

Charlotte? A feminine voice says and I turn my head to a bright light. Either I'm extremely close to the sun, or I have finally reached heaven. The voice is familiar. Soft. Welcoming.

"Mother? Mom, is that really you?" I begin running to the voice. It gets louder every time it calls my name.

And then, I see her.

Or it rather.

There it was. Standing in front of me. Blocking my way to heaven. A white female wolf, a little taller than me with sapphire eyes.

I knew it was my mom. I could just feel the connection. But, why was there a white wolf in her place? Unless...No. It couldn't be. My mother was human. She wasn't a wolf. She wasn't. I refused to believe that. She would have told me.

No. NO.

"Mommy," I cry. "Please. Please tell me it's some random wolf. Tell me this is just some test because I'm special. Just please." I beg. I fall to my knees and begin crying until I feel a pair of naked arms wrap around me. I collapse into the arms and sob into her chest.

I fell because my mom was a wolf. I fell because I died and I was in heaven. I fell because I wouldn't see Romeo or my father anymore.

I fell because this was the end.

Charlotte

10. 28.17