12.

Charlotte

"Your e-eyes," I begin to stutter. "They're b-black." Blacker than midnight itself. Blacker than usual. I haven't really been questioning his different eye shades till now. I was afraid. Screw that, I was terrified.

"This is what happens when you disobey me," he growls lowly. When his mouth opened when he spoke, I couldn't help but notice how sharp his teeth were. And long.

"I'm s-sorry." For some reason, I was disappointed that he was upset with me because I was mad at him. I put my chin down and place my head against his chest and let a few tears drop. Romeo must have noticed that I was crying because he tilted my head up.

"Hey, look at me mia piccola zucca dolce."

At first, I don't, but then I think about it. He'll probably become more furious if I disregard the rules even more. So I lift my hideous green eyes to his. And surprisingly, they were softening up to his hazel ones.

"I'm sorry for growling at you. Just know it wasn't me, and I won't do it again."

"If it wasn't you, then how can you guarantee you won't do it again?" I question.

"Because mia piccola zucca dolce, I like you too much to ever make you cry, on purpose."

HE LIKES ME? It's only been a week, how can he like someone like me?

"You l-like me?" He nods at my question. "Why?"

"Why not? You're gorgeous, cute, funny, and you can throw one hell of a punch," he laughs and he actually manages to make me smile. "And you have one of the most exquisite smiles my eyes have ever laid on."

Why was he saying all these sweet, pleasant things about me? They're not true. I'm not gorgeous, I'm trash. I'm not cute, I'm ugly. My jokes have no humor, and I literally just my butt beat. Plus, I rarely smile, and if I do, it's nowhere near exquisite. More like extinct.

"I know you're doubting everything I said about you, but it's true. I never met someone like you. And I can't wait to spend my entire life with you," he whispers and he slowly, but softly places his smooth lips on mine.

Fireworks erupt as our lips move in sync. We couldn't stop. His hands roamed my entire body, from my scalp all the way to my thighs. Back in forth until one of them landed on my hip, and the other on the side of my face as he deepened the kiss.

I tangled my own hands in his dark, silky hair. Our tongues danced the tango for seemed like hours until I pulled away to breathe. Even without my lips, Romeo still found a way to occupy his lips. As he traced the curve of my neck with his fingers, his lips moved further down my face, until they reached the base of my throat.

I let out a small moan, and suddenly, he stopped. He took his hands off me and removed me from his lap within a matter of seconds. He had moved to where Italia was sitting. Wait, where was she?

"Why did you stop? I was enjoying it?" I had to make sure I whispered the last part.

"Because my wo-, my wounds were starting to hurt," he says quickly, and I can tell he was lying.

"What wounds? You never mentioned any wounds to me."

"That's because I just got them, yesterday," he adds. It's going to be so much fun when I catch him in his lie.

"Oh yeah? From doing what exactly?"

"The usual, work. Chopping trees. Tripping. You understand. I'm only human."

Little did I know, that was the most ironic statement I had ever heard in my life.