9.

Charlotte

Saturday Evening

I guess I should get ready for this party now. My leg is killing me, hopefully, I can still wear the wrap. For Romeo's sake.

I racked through my closet, looking for something 'cool' to wear. I was a senior after all. Definitely jeans. Maybe black? I should have a cute mature top to match.

Finally, I decided to wear a white sleeveless top with a strapless bra. The top made my boobs slightly bigger than they were. I had to contain that. The white top had a golden belt around the waist area. I put on black skinny jeans and black booties to go with the outfit. The wrap kind of bulges, but it didn't look weird, so I ignored it.

I went to the bathroom to put on my makeup and to curl my hair. I put on a little extra makeup this time. It's not my first time going to a party; I used to be extremely popular back in the states. But, I guess my old side starting showing signs recently. After I was done, I applied some deodorant and perfume and brushed my teeth.

Honk!

"Charlie! There's a red Porsche outside!" my dad calls from down the hall, probably the living room. As usual, I am on the porch. I walk around until I came to the back door that divided the outside from the living room.

"Did you say a red Porsche?" I ask, flabbergasted. There's no way that was Romeo. He only rode on his bike. My dad opens the door after a knock is heard.

Standing there, in all his glory, as usual, is Romeo. He's wearing black boots, dark jeans, a white t-shirt and a black leather jacket. His biceps look so jui- I mean they look just ok.

"Hello, Mr. King, my name is Romeo Toscano," he says, putting his hand out.

Dad looks towards me, then my attire, then towards Romeo and sighs slightly. "I knew his day would happen," my dad mutters. "My baby would start dating."

"No, d-dad. Romeo isn't taking me out on a date. He is taking me to a back-to-school party?" I wasn't sure what kind of party it was so I looked at Romeo.

"That's correct. It's just a simple party. It's also a 'final year in high school for me' type of party. My sister, Italia, likes to throw these kinds of parties constantly. She's also a year younger than me, so she will probably throw the same party, just for herself," Romeo explains.

"Will there be any alcohol? Drugs? Anything dangerous?"

"Dad!" I exclaim, slightly hitting his shoulder. "You know I don't do any of that stuff anyway."

"I'm just looking for you Charlie," my dad murmurs to me.

"I know. But I'm 17, not 7. I can take care of myself, daddy."

"Ok, Charlie. Just be home before midnight. I know it's a Saturday and all, but still."

"Ok, thanks, dad!" I say kissing his cheek.

"And put on a sweater or something!" he yells as Romeo and I walk to his car. I blush and shake my head.

Romeo opens my door for me and I thank him. I can't help but watch as he walks to his side.

"Your dad is funny. A little overprotective maybe, but definitely has some good humor," Romeo laughs after he gets settled in.

"He's only being overprotective because when my mom di-"

"When your mom what?"

"Never mind," I whisper, slumping back in the seat. "Just forget I ever said anything."

"Ok," Romeo murmurs as he turns down the main road. He doesn't say anything more, so I decide to question him about the red Porsche.

"Who's car is this?" I wonder.