10.

Charlotte

I should have seen it coming. I just mouthed off for a solid minute straight, how else would she react? I didn't know how to fight, but I knew how to defend myself, which should keep myself alive, right?

I stumble a couple feet back and someone catches me before I fall. She has a huge advantage though, both her legs are functioning properly. Hopefully, I won't have a bruise on my face.

The crowd is woohing and screaming more. Kenya smirks and heads towards me again. I gather myself and begin throwing punches towards her first. She dodges most of my hits, and in returns punches me back.

The entire time, I see my mother shaking her head in disapproval. But my conscious just tells her it's ok. But I know that deep down, it's not ok.

Slightly distracted, I am punched to the ground. I noticed that my side of the crowd had backed up, in order to let me fall.

Kenya stands over me with an evil smirk. Well, I guess this is it. I close my eyes in fear and I hear the crowd chant 'end her' over and over, each time it increases in volume as if she was actually going to kill me.

The chant grows quiet and the attack that I have been anticipating never arrives. I slowly open my right eye and I see Romeo holding Kenya's fist.

If looks could kill, let's just say Kenya wouldn't be breathing.

"I want everyone out," he whispers, yet everyone heard him. No one dares to move. "NOW," he growls. Like, legit growls.

Within a minute, the house is clear. And messy. Kenya tries to break free, but Romeo has a steel grip around her wrist, and the more she struggles, the tighter it gets.

"Not you. Go find my sister and stay with her. I'll deal with you later," he says, letting her go completely. Kenya looks at him in fear, but reluctantly and quietly she obeys him to find Italia. He turns to me with black eyes. Once they settled on my green eyes, they turn a to a darker green. He bends down and swiftly lifts up, cradling against me against his chest.

"Wh-what are you doing?" I ask, my eyes never leaving his. I put my arms around his next to assure he wouldn't drop me.

"Taking you home. Sleep," he commands. And I slowly close my eyes, allowing sleep to invade me.

When I open them, I am being placed on my bed. The covers are placed to my shoulders and I hear the wood creak. I grab onto Romeo's wrist and he stops walking.

"Stay," I whisper.

"I can't."

"Please," I beg.

Romeo sighs but begins to dump his shoes by the foot of my bed. He climbs into my bed next to me. Good thing I had a queen-sized bed.

"Thank you," I smile. It meant a lot to me that he was spending the night with me. "Good night."

Some time throughout the night, Romeo put an arm around my waist and pulled me closer to him.

"Mine," he growls softly in his sleep. His words make me smile and I fall peacefully asleep, for the first time ever since my mom passed.