24

After school, Michael and I waited for his friend, Liam. I was nervous to meet him; I didn't know him or anything about him. I had no idea what to expect, and I had already convinced myself that he wouldn't like me. Michael thought otherwise.

Finally, Liam got to us.

"Hello, I'm Liam." He smiled at me.

"I'm Luke." I replied, shaking his hand.

"You look lovely, I like your skirt." He told me.

"Thanks." I replied, straightening it out.

"Hey, he's mine." Michael fake pouted, pulling me close to him and wrapping his arms around me. He pressed a kiss to my forehead.

"Don't worry." Liam chuckled. "I've got my eye on someone else."

I wondered who, but I didn't know Liam well enough to ask. Michael laughed.

"I know." He stated.

"So, where do you guys want to go?" Michael asked as we walked out to his car.

"Luke, you should drive your car home. I'll follow you and pick you up there." Michael added.

I nodded, thankful for the suggestion.

I got in my car as Liam followed Michael to his.

As I started it, Good Charlotte filled the silence and I turned it down a little bit.

The whole way home, I thought about things that could go wrong if Liam hated me. He was Michael's best friend. I was a very shy person, at least until you got to know me.

I got out once my car was parked and claimed the front passenger seat of Michael's.

"Is the mall alright?" Michael wondered.

"Yeah." I replied. He nodded.

"We've got to go get Liam's love interest, I mean friend. Is that okay?" He asked.

"Of course." I said.

"Are you sure?" He checked.

"Yeah. I'm just worried that Liam and this other person won't like me." I admitted.

My eyes met Liam's soft brown eyes, and he gave me a warm smile.

"I already think you're wonderful, Luke. Don't worry." He stated.

"But you don't know me yet." I protested.

He shrugged. "Michael tells me things. You seem really cool."

I looked at Michael, who's cheeks were turning a rosy pink color.

"Oh. That's good, I guess." I chuckled.

We left, on our way to get Liam's "friend".