20

His lips inched towards mine the second I gave him permission. I softly closed the gap, connecting my lips with his soft ones.

Neither of us let go right away, and his hands cupped my face still. It was warm, it felt so right and safe. And it erupted about a million butterflies into my stomach.

My heart was pounding and my stomach was turning nervously by the time he pulled away. My cheeks turned a light crimson and he smiled.

"Wow." He said.

I hopped off of the counter, wrapped my arms around his neck, and cautiously pulled him closer.

"Can I?" I almost whispered. Instead, he kissed me. His lips were a bit more urgent, a little more familiar. His hands held my hips, and he pulled me even closer.

I smiled against the kiss, and he smiled back.

I pulled away the second time, since we both needed air. As I was pulling away, though, he pressed a gentle kiss to my forehead.

"Luke, I love you." He told me.

What? No he didn't. He couldn't.

I searched his eyes, trying to find any sign of lie or something, but there was only warmth and sincerity.

"I love you too." I answered, not even wanting to tear my gaze away from his soft emerald eyes.

This is short af but still an important chapter