10

We pulled up in Michael's empty driveway.

"My parents leave for days at a time. I think they're in Vegas right now. They'll be home in a couple more days." He explained. I nodded, feeling bad for him but not voicing it.

We got out and went inside.

The house offered warmth and smelled like lavender.

"Let's go up to my room. I'll give you some dry clothes. Then I'll make some food. What do you want to eat?" He asked.

It was awkward, considering we had barely even talked. Both of us were evidently nervous and he was shy.

"I don't care." I shrugged.

He chuckled.

"Is it okay if I just order pizza?" He suggested. I nodded.

He led me up the carpeted stairs to his bedroom. There, he handed me some black boxers, some grey sweatpants, and a Metallica t shirt.

"Thank you." I said.

He nodded, turning around so that I could change. I changed quickly, bunching up my clothes before saying he could turn around.

"Here, I'll wash these for you." He volunteered. I handed him my clothes, and he walked downstairs with them. I followed.

"What kind of pizza do you want?" He questioned. I told him pepperoni and he nodded before turning on the TV. He walked into the kitchen with his phone to make the call.

Cupcake Wars was on. I loved that show, so I got pretty into the episode. I was so fascinated with the way people just knew what to do. I loved watching them make intricate designs out of fondant and sprinkles and frosting, all against the ever decreasing time limit they had.

It wasn't long until Michael sat next to me on the couch.

"So, Luke, tell me some things about yourself." He smiled.

"Like what?" I questioned; I wasn't a very interesting person.

"Just basic stuff. Or get deep, it doesn't really matter." He shrugged. I thought for a moment.

"My name is Luke Robert Hemmings. I'm seventeen. I've got a little dog named Violet. I'm pretty feminine, obviously. I love art." I said. That pretty much summed me up. "Your turn."

He cracked a smile.

"I'm Michael Gordon Clifford. I have a cat. His name is Larry. I'm obviously pretty shy, and I don't really like people." He told me.

"What are your favorite things?" I wondered.

We learned a lot about each other as we waited for the pizza to arrive and as we ate.

After a while, we went to sleep.

As Michael slept, I looked at him. He was attractive. He had pale skin, blonde hair, and glistening green eyes. He had a nice body. As I examined his arms, my heart stopped.

Littering his wrists were little cuts.