7

A party?" I asked stupidly.

"Yeah. It'll be fun! You could meet some people, and enjoy yourself." Calum chimed in. Why was Calum chiming in? He hated me. I thought, anyway.

"I'll have to lie to my mom about where I'm at." I said, knowing she'd never allow me to go to a high school party.

"Tell her that you're spending the night with friends. We can go to the mall tomorrow, too. We can buy you some new skirts while we're there. Yeah?" Ashton suggested.

I nodded. "Okay. If she lets me go."

"Great! We'll pick you up at seven." Ashton grinned.

I gave him a small smile.

Once I was home, I walked into the kitchen. My mom was baking chocolate chip cookies, from the smell of it. There was a pile of freshly baked cookies on a plate, so I took one.

"Mom, can I spend the night at my friend's house?" I questioned, taking a bite of the m&m cookie. She looked at me.

"Which friend?" She wondered.

'Ashton. You've never met him." I responded.

"Oh. Yeah, go ahead. Just be careful and smart." She told me; this was her reminder any time I went anywhere.

I nodded and walked upstairs to my room.

I still had about three hours until Calum and Ashton were going to pick me up, so I decided to get my small amount of homework out of the way.

As I wasn't fond of physics, I went with that first. I had ten questions to answer, but it seemed as if it was an endless packet full of millions of questions. They all took so much work. So much work that I hated doing.

As I wrote out variables and formulas, I listened to my Spotify on shuffle. I finished the packet in less time than I thought I would, successfully leaving me with almost an hour and a half before I was leaving.

I started the two page essay we had to write for English. I already had the rough draft and stuff written, so I just needed to transfer it neatly onto clean notebook paper.

As I began to copy my words about inspirational quotes and normality in careful handwriting, my mom knocked on my door.

"I'm going to the store and then going out with Katie and Allie tonight." She informed me.

"Okay. Have fun." I beamed at her.

"You too. Call me if you need anything." She told me.

"I will." I replied.

She nodded before leaving my room. A few minutes later, I heard the sound of her car leaving.

***

"Are you ready?" Ashton grinned at me.

"I guess." I shrugged, securing my seatbelt over my body in the backseat of his car.

He nodded and drove off, starting what would apparently be the time of my life.