14

I stood right outside of the school, as Michael had told me to do. A friend, the same one that sat with him during lunch, needed to talk to him about something important before we left. So, I was instructed to wait outside.

I saw Calum walking with the boy who was mean to me- the one that had pushed me into the pool and called me names. Grant.

Calum came up to me with a slight smile on his face.

"What's wrong, did your little boyfriend ditch you already?" He smirked. Grant chuckled.

"Who would date you?" He beamed.

"He's with Clifford." Calum said.

Grant rolled his dark brown eyes.

"Ew."

"We aren't dating. And no, he didn't ditch me. He's talking to a friend." I stated.

"Yeah, right. That's just what he's telling you. He doesn't want you around, Luke. You're a pathetic slut. You're easy. That's why he's wasting his time on you. You're an easy whore." Grant laughed. I scoffed.

"You don't even know me. Dumb ass." I said. I was a little scared, as both of them were bigger than me.

"What?" Grant growled, stepping closer to me.

"I said you don't know me. Dumb ass. Are you deaf, too?" Where was this confidence coming from? My voice was unsteady, but at least I had the balls to say it.

His hand gripped my arm, his fingers digging into my skin as his eyes stared into mine.

"You wanna say that again?" He growled.

"What the fuck?" Someone exclaimed. I looked over, though Grant didn't. He kept his hand on my arm, probably leaving bruises.

It was Michael.

"Get off him." Michael demanded, walking over to us.

I didn't know what to do or say, but Grant finally looked at Michael.

"I said, get off of him." Michael snapped, much closer this time.

"Or what?" Grant sneered. Calum chuckled.

"Or you know what. Get the fuck off of him, now." Michael glared into the slightly shorter boy's eyes, and he slowly released my arm.

"That's what I thought. Have a nice day." Michael said, shooting a harsh look towards both of them.

He led me to his car, and we got in.

"What'd they do to you? Are you hurt? Are you okay?" Michael asked me once the doors were closed and the car was started.

"I'm f- fine." I was surprised by his concern. He didn't even really know me.

"What'd they say to you?" Michael wondered, his voice still panicked as his eyes looked over my face and body for marks.

"They said that you're only wasting your time being near me because you think I'm an easy whore. And that I'm pathetic, and that you don't really want me around." I said.

He sighed, his eyes closing as he leaned against the steering wheel.

"I don't believe them." I quietly said after several minutes of near silence. The only sound was the light purr of his engine.

"Is that what you argued with Ashton about?" He questioned, cautiously looking up at me.

I looked down at my hands.

"Yes. They said that you're going to make me fall for you, and you're going to use me and hurt me." I admitted.

He groaned, putting his head back down on the steering wheel.

"But I know that isn't true, Michael. I know you won't use or hurt me." I stated.

"And I won't make you fall for me." He chuckled.

I just laughed along, because I was afraid that I already was falling for him.

I know it's early to be saying that Luke is falling for him but oh whale