"Riley!" He gasped as Maya smiled at Riley and Riley shrugged her shoulders.

"What? If you can't beat her join her." She said as she nudged Maya's shoulder. Maya tensed at the words beat her. Josh noticed.

"So what has been keeping you?" Cory asked as he took his seat at the head of the table. Everyone's attention turned to Maya.

"Oh um... I just have been working on school and art and I guess I just haven't had much time to come over in the past week." Maya said as she nodded her head and looked down at the table praying that Topanga wouldn't get suspicious.

"Since what have you not made time to come over here?" Riley asked as she chuckled. Maya took a shaky breath. Josh noticed.

"I just have a lot going on I guess." Riley was about to say something but one look from Topanga who was already staring to get suspicious made her shut up. The subject was dropped and slowly forgotten as Katy was buzzed in.

"Hey guys. Sorry I'm a little late I had to stay overtime." Katy said as she placed her jacket down on the couch and made her way to the table. Auggie scooted over and made some room in between him and and Topanga where Katy could sit.

After they all were seated at the table, everyone started to fill up their plates. As conversation started among the group Maya stayed uncharacteristically quiet. Josh noticed.

But it wasn't until Josh accidentally brushed his hand against her leg when he really noticed that something was terribly wrong. He placed his hand on the bench between him and Maya and his knuckle brushed against her upper thigh. Maya tensed up and her face became pale. Josh waited for her to say some witty comment about him trying to flirt with her, but when it never came he looked over at Maya and saw her face. He took in her posture and he immediately got worried.

"Maya?" He whispered/asked her. Maya swallowed hard before she grabbed her napkin and placed it on the table.

"Excuse me for a minute but I have to go to the bathroom." She told everyone before getting up and heading towards the hallway. She could feel the panic attack coming on.

Josh and Topanga shared a look before Josh got up and excused himself as well. He didn't want to get Maya's hopes up by him being the one to go check on her, but he also didn't want her to think there was something wrong between them. He wondered what had made her so tense.

Josh made his way to the bathroom only to notice that the door was wide open and the light was off. Indicating that she had never even gone into it. He narrowed his eyes and kept going down the hallway to where Riley's room was. Josh knocked on the door before opening it a second later.

"Maya?" He called for her before looking around the room and noticing her head snapping up from the bay window. He could also tell that she had tear marks down her face.

"Sorry I was just... Checking the weather." Maya said making Josh give her a look.

"Inside? Where there is noway you can tell?" Josh teased making Maya immediately feel stupid for her lame excuse.

"There's a window." She said pointing behind her. Josh rolled his eyes before walking towards her.

"You mean the window that's not even open?" He asked her making Maya mentally face palm herself. But instead of pledging her case she decided to stop the act.

"What do you want, Josh." She asked him making him sigh before sitting down beside her. Maya tensed up and scooted away a little out of instinct. Josh sighed as he noticed.

"Maya what's going on with you?" He asked her making her look up at him. "You were quite at dinner and tensed up every time I got close to you. Is there something that happened that I should know about?" Maya knew he was talking about them. But her mind couldn't help but go back to that night. "Maya?" Josh said which broke her out of her trance.

"What? Um, no nothing happened I guess I've just been... Different lately." Maya said making Josh raise an eyebrow.

"Obviously. You didn't even crack a smile when my hand accidentally touched you." He said in an attempt to get her to laugh. Maya just looked at him before looking at the ground. "Okay I know I'm not Riley or Cory. But if there's something that I can help with..." Josh said trailing off making Maya sigh.

"Josh have you ever had something happen to you and you know the best thing you should do is tell someone but you don't want to because you're embarrassed?" Maya asked making Josh look at her before cracking a smile.

"What you finally having guy troubles with someone other than me?" Josh asked her but Maya kept a straight face.

"Something like that." She said still keeping her straight face.

"What's going on Maya?" Josh asked as he decided to drop the ones and focus on we well being. Maya took a shaky breath.

"Last week. I was walking home and it was kind of late. I was passing this alley way and these two guys decided to follow me." Maya started her story out. Josh already knew where this was heading.

"Maya, why didn't you tell anyone?" He asked her quietly. She didn't need to tell the rest of the story, Josh already knew what the outcome was going to be.

"Because I was embarrassed. I can't even go to the bathroom right anymore." She said as she stared to cry. Josh wasn't very close to Maya but he still thought of her like a sister. He's known her as long as Riley has and this makes her family.

"Do you know who these guys are?" He asked her. He wanted to go and track them down but he knew that being angry right now wasn't going to help Maya any. Maya shook her head.

"Just some guys who thought they would try and take advantage of the opportunity in front of them." She said full out crying now. "I've walked the streets of New York by myself since I was just ten years old. I've heard of things like this happening but I never thought..." Maya said trailing off. Josh hesitantly put an arm around her. Maya tensed before reminding herself that this was Josh. Maya fell into Josh's arms and started to sob. She couldn't handle the pressure anymore.

"Nobody ever thinks this could happen to them until it does." Josh said while wrapping his arms fully around Maya and letting her sob onto his shoulder.

"I don't know what to do. I'm so scared." Maya cried as she clung onto Josh's shirt.

"You have to tell your mom and you have to go to the hospital." Josh said. Maya jolted out of his embrace and stood up shaking her head.

"No! I can't! I'll be laughed at, everyone in school will think I'm a slut." Maya said making Josh's heart brake. Unfortunately for Maya, she lived in a world where if woman get raped somehow it's their fault.

"Maya you have to get a vaginal exam done. Until you do there's no telling what kind of damage has been done." Josh said sternly as he sat up from his seat.

"Josh I can't. I don't want to I just want it to go away. Every night I close my eyes and I can still see their faces, still smell them, I can still feel the pain of what they did." Maya's voice broke at the end of her statement. Josh clenched his jaw before once again wrapping his arms around her.

"I'll go with you. You won't be alone in this Maya, I promise." He told her. Maya sniffled before looking up at him.

"You swear you'll be with me every step of the way?" She asked him. Josh bit his lip.

"Every step of the way."
___________________________
Hope you enjoyed this one! More coming up on this huge update I'm doing today.