Chapter 23 - Paused

•••Chapter 23 - Paused••• (picture of Bethany played by Lily Collins)

•••third person•••

"well you could say that was a close call" Hazel says placing her hair in a rough but good looking pony tail using the rear vision mirror in the rental car.

"I thought you were going to faint at one point" Matt laughs back in reply

They both sit in silence for a few minuets, all the stress slightly lifting off their shoulders and the easy normal superstar life returning to how it should be; fun and simple.

"I wonder if this car is insured by RACV?" Hazel laughs remembering the few jokes announced at last nights get together.

"I still do not understand Australia humor" Matt say waving his hand around as he talks leaving the other to drive the car.

"your not an Aussie boy, you see" Hazel laughs, her Australian accent showing, the accent Matt fell in love with.

Hazels eyes drift out the car window and she sighs dreading the inevitable moment when she has to do the unthinkable.

•••

"Great filming today guys, another week here and all the film we need from Australia should be done" Steven smiles joyfully, as per-usual.

"sad to see it go" Hazel half smiles.

"next week we are heading down to the Murray River, so that should be...... a challenge but most likely fun" Steven beams furrowing his brows at the word 'challenge.'

"that was my favorite place growing up, especially at this one place where the water was just so still and calm and the birds would flock together and the breeze was always just so light, it was right around the corner from the entrance, not many people new about it, I carved my name into the giant gum tree when I was 15" Hazel rambles remembering fond memories from the past.

"I'll keep that in mind" Matt laughs with a wink.

"If it isn't the two stars again" Jess says walking over to greet Hazel and Matt.

"Jess, I think you and Steven are the real stars of the show" Hazel smiles politely.

"oh of course" Jess says sarcastically, "oh and I forgot to tell you but in two days you are doing a radio interview with Dan and Maz and then on Friday and saturday a live interview with the Today show and then sunrise" She says taking a deep breath at the end, "big schedule, it's hard to fit in time for just you two"

"us two?" Hazel says thinking there cover has been blown

"yeah like free time" Jess says furrowing her brows

"oh, yeah, sorry I don't know what I was thinking?" Hazel says covering her mistake.

•••

"great job Matt you are now free to go" Steven says after the hard days work is finally done for Matt, For Hazel though it finished half an hour ago.

"where's Hazel?" Matt asks Steven, his eyes shooting and dashing around the room searching for Hazel.

"um, she said she was going to her favorite place, no idea where that is, I said she could go because she had finished" Steven says not even looking up at Matt as he flicks through the script for tomorrow.

"thanks" Matt says grabbing all his stuff removing his costume (in his trailer of course) and then moving towards the exit.

"Hey Matt! See the note I left for you?" Johanna asks her bag stripped over her shoulder, her hand on her hip and her legs seeping out of her short grey dress.