👑 C H A P T E R : 23 👑

Start from the beginning

"You're so cruel." He muttered under his breath before again plopping in my bed. Meanwhile, I just ignored his comment and sat beside him.

"Why weren't you asleep?" Suddenly out of no where he asked me. His eyes were closed and he looked like he was already asleep.

I sighed and rubbed my eyes. I was also tired but the thoughts of Grace's expression today was really bothering me. That's why I wasn't getting any sleep.

"Nothing just..." I trialled off as I didn't had any excuse to tell him.

"Well, I don't know why you're not getting any sleep but in my case I'm not able to sleep because I'm really really really proud of you..." He said.

"Jason, we're brothers. Maybe not real but still, we are. And today, you've really proved it that we're not brothers for just for show. We really are brothers." He said now opening his eyes and looking up at me. I smiled.

"You're not gonna kiss me right?" I asked him playfully. He chuckled and got up.

"Now, I'm not even gonna fucking hug you." He said and with that I engulfed him in a big tight hug and smiled.

After some minutes we pulled away. He still looked tired as hell. I again touched his head but this time I felt it a little cooler than last time.

"Now, will you please care to tell me why weren't you still asleep?" He asked tiredly.

"Nothing bro. I think you should go to sleep. You look tired." I said.

"Oh god Jason, you already know I'm not gonna sleep until you'll not tell me why were you awake." He said sounding so practical.

He's not gonna listen to me anyway. I'll have tell him. I sighed and looked down.

"Actually... You know... After the performance I went to our college's football ground and there... Uh..." I trialled off. Should I tell him about my encounter with Serena?

"And there?" He continued. He was eager to know.

"And there I spend sometime. But after that when I came back at around midnight when, the results were going to be announced I saw Grace." I didn't told him about me and Serena.

"So? I mean, you see her everyday. Did she said something? I'm sure she must've ran in your arms after seeing you." He said. God! How should I explain him?

"No. Actually... the opposite happened. I saw her and gave her a smile and I also thought the same as you were thinking but she didn't even smiled by looking at me. She just... just eyed me with a odd expression on her face and that's all." I said. Alex raised his brows. He was shocked to hear that.

"After that you didn't talked to her?" He asked. I shook my head no.

"You mean she didn't even came to congratulate you for winning?" He asked with a more shocked expression. I again shook my head. He was also as shocked as me.

"No. She left by saying that she's not feeling well. Emma told me this." I explained more. He rubbed his temples.

"Well Jason... It's quite strange. I mean usually Grace would've been the first person to congratulate you. It's really strange." He said. I took my face in my palms.

"Hey, don't worry. You know, I'm sure she must not be feeling well that's why she left early." He said before keeping his hand on my shoulder to assure me.

"I don't know." I said.

"Oh god Jason! You know what? You just look all tough and rude from outside but from inside you're the biggest kid and a total freak." He said.