"Brotherly Love"

I bang on the door as hard as I can. They most be sleeping I mean it is six in the morning.

But the way I'm banging you'd expect them to wake up after the second knock.

I've been here for five minutes now and I've already had two neighbors  poke their heads out. Considering how nice and luxurious this building is one wouldn't expect to have such disruptions.

I finally give up and sit on the floor. I bring my feet up to my chest and lean my head against my knees.

What the hell am I going to do. He is going to come for us. Me and my baby girl. I can't have anything happening to my Ev.

"I did not." A girly voice whines. And a bunch of voices unite chuckling.

"Ev does the same." A male voice says. As they get closer my head darts up.

"I do not." That's my Everly. They turn the corner and I instantly make eye contact with gorgeous lighter brown ones.

"Mom?" Ev looks at me with worry. I probably look like a mess right now; sitting on the floor with a whole dress on.

"Hey are you okay." Israel quickly comes to my side. He kneels down beside me.

I nod looking at him with a lot of sorrow.

How could I ruin my relationship with this man.

I look up at the other three faces. Ev, Luca, and Holland.

Holland gives me the most annoyed look ever. As if I just killed her cat or something.

"Can we go inside we still have to go about our days. The world doesn't revolve around Annika." Holland walks up to the door and presses her key against the magnetic lock.

"Holland." Israel gives her a warning look.

"No she's right. I just came to pick up Ev." I explain standing up.

"No. Please come in. At least sit down a little." He leads me into Holland's apartment.
Everly and Luca follow after us and shut the door behind themselves.

I've never been here before but it's a really nice apartment. It seems like the perfect place for Holland. It's very feminine and quite modern.

Holland after rolling her eyes at me more than three times decided to finally leave the living area.
"Hey Ev can you go get ready please." I smile at my daughter who has somewhat acknowledged my presence.

She follows in the direction Holland left and so does Luca.

"Are you okay?" Israel places his hand on my shoulder.

I look up at him locking my gaze with his. I want to tell him so badly but I can't afford to get Israel into this mess. I can't watch him get hurt by my past.

If it were up to me even Christian wouldn't be involved in this mess either. But he got himself into it being as stubborn as ever.

"Annika. Are you okay?" He looks at me with concern.

I nod at him while staring down at my feet.

"Are you sure?" He tries to get my attention by placing both his hands on my shoulders.

I shake my head, despite my previous answer.

"Come here." He pulls me into his chest enveloping me in his warm arms.

"I'm so sor—." I try to get out from his chest but he quickly shushes me.

"I forgive you." He combs his fingers through my curls.