"I give all the damns"

Israel's POV,

There's one thing I know for sure. And that is that I fucked up. I fucked up so much.

I lost her. The girl of my dreams. And all for what? Because of my stupid jealousy of her and Christian's non-existent relations.

She doesn't answer my text nor my phone calls. She doesn't even answer her door anymore. 

I can't get in touch with Everly and I don't want to be the man who shows up at a kids' school like some creep. I can't do that it's just not me.

I talked to Christian and he seemed to immediately shake off the topic.

We're okay now. But sometimes I can't stand him. He's inappropriate and doesn't think about what he's saying. How does one make a comment like that to a woman who's man is sitting right beside her?

I was surprised I cracked to Christian's tactics. But the anger was just slowly building up inside of me.

In the kitchen the way they were sitting and looking at each other. As if they were the only two in the apartment. The way Annika looked up to him and spoke to him never removing her eyes from his.

And then there was Annika going to the bathroom. He was staring her down. The guy was just grilling her ass. I let it go. Annika has a gorgeous body, but don't get me wrong that's not what I love her for.

She left for the bathroom and Christian all of a sudden needed to change just then and there. I sound pathetic but I just can't help feeling that there's something going on between them. The way they look at each. The way they talk to each other. I can't stand it. I can't stand any of it. It's driving me crazy.

So crazy that I'm lying in bed at three in the morning right now thinking about her.

I'm truly worried about her. Christian said she hasn't been to work for weeks now.

I roll over in bed and grab my iPhone 7 plus from the end table to the left of me.

I scroll through my contacts and press on Christian's number. Once it starts dialing I press it against my ear.

"Israel what the hell man." He groans through the phone.

"Christian I need your help. It's about Annika." I explain sitting up switching on the lamp on my end table.

"I don't know—."

"Yeah, I know you've been left in the dark just as I was. But we need to lure her out. I can't figure out how but I think we can do it." I explain thinking of different ways I can get Annika to come out of hiding.

"I'm not interested." He states bluntly.

"Come on dude. Even if you're not going to do it for me do it for her." I say hoping that he'd agree for her but then again if he changes his mind for her favor then all my questions would be answered.

"Israel she probably just moved on okay. And I think you should do the same." He suggests letting out a loud sigh through the phone.

"Baby come back to bed." A softer more feminine voice says from Christian's line.

"Great job Chris. What is this the fifth chick this week?" I clench my jaw holding my breath so I wouldn't yell at him.