Same World Just Different Lives

"Call me as soon as you're out. I'll be here to pick you up okay." He parks in front of my work building.

"Yeah." I nod smiling at him. "I love you." I say while opening the car door.

"Wait." He grabs my wrist pulling me back. He cups my cheek and brings my face towards his. He lands his lips on mine and kisses me.
"I love you too." He mumbles on my lips.
"Now go make us some money." He nudges me out of his car.

"Haha." I roll my eyes at him exiting the car.

I wave at him before turning around and entering the large building.
I walk over to the main desk. I pull my sleeves down and make sure the large sun glasses cover up most of my face my hair cover up the rest of it.

I quickly walk past the front desk avoiding miss Campbitch.

Luckily I got past her and instantly went off to the the elevators. I enter the elevator alone and take it up to Christian's floor. I exit the elevator and walk over to his office.

I enter slowly. I enter with a clear view of Christian sitting on the sofa and looking through some papers.

"Christi—." I cut myself off when I notice the blonde sitting in front of him.

His eyes dart up and look at me. And so does the blondes gorgeous big hazel eyes.

"Hey Annika.I'm glad you made it." Christian stands up placing the papers on the coffee table in front of him. The blonde also stands up and turns to me.

"This is miss Parker." Christian introduces her to me.

"Hey it's really nice to meet you." She greets me with a hug. I stare at Christian with a confused look whilst Miss Parker hugs me.

When she pulls away from me I smile at her. I pull my sleeves further down. I'm wearing a black button up shirt black dress pants. Ankle high boots and my dark shades. My hair is out and in wet conditioned curls.

"Miss Parker here is.....she's your—."

"I'm your replacement." She chirps. "I'm sorry I had to be the one to take your job." She apologizes placing her hands together.

I look past her at Christian who is avoiding my glare.

"Yeah. I'm going to go now." I nod exiting the room quickly.

"Annika! No wait." Christian calls after me.

"No it's all good Christian. I'm okay with it. I need to get some rest anyway. You know heal and stuff." I blabber on walking quicker.

"Annika hold on." He follows after me.

"Christian please go back to work. I'm not worth chasing—."

Before I could complete my sentence he grabs me and pins me against a wall in a corner near the elevators.

"What did I tell you about putting yourself down? Huh?" He shakes me a little.

He presses up against me unintentionally and stares past my sunglasses.

"I like you Annika. A lot more then you know. It's hard having to let you go from your current position. But I have another position for you. It's like the other. You just won't be with me anymore. You'll be upstairs with Stephen Brown. He's our COO. You'll be his secretary." Christian explains backing up from me a little.