Chapter 17: An outing gone wrong

Chapter 16: An outing gone wrong

Nia's P.O.V

I woke up to find myself in a comfortable position, wrapped in my cloak as the warm fire crackled a few feet away from me. Slowly, I got up, looking around where I found Ganon buckling his boots up. I didn't remember falling asleep here, had he by any chance laid me in this spot? A happy feeling rose through my body at the thought, but I quickly popped it. I stretched, my loud yawning attracting his attention.

"Sleep well?" He asked.

"Yea, I guess so" I said. 'No nightmares', I thought to myself.

"Do you always sleep so deeply? I mean are your dreams like always good or something.

"yea...", I said, 'most of the time'.

He got up and walked over to me, sitting a foot away.

"Do you want to go to the village nearby? I think we should try to search for some more news"

I nodded, "Great idea Ganon"

He gave a large Cheshire grin and grabbed me by my wrist.

"Come on Nia, let's go" he said dragging me.

"Don't touch me!" I scolded, slapping him across the head.

"Ow" he said eyes watering.

"Next time I'll burn your face off"

We reached the village at about midday, the sun at its peak. The town was a lively place, with people chatting to each other, store owners inviting customers, and young girls all grouped up giggling together. The nice aromas of fresh bread and cooking meat made my mouth water, but we had no money to buy anything. I whined slightly as the many people tried to entice me into buying their appetising food. Ganon seeing my hungry impression pulled out a baggy coin bag from his pouch.

"I have enough for a few items, but you have to make sure they're cheap" he said.

"Thank you" I said, as I rushed over to the different stalls, loading my arms with food. Exited by all the good looking stuff around me, I bought as much as I could, trying to save some money, but not succeeding. It's funny how my responsible and calm attitude disappears when under the influence of food.

I soon saw Ganon sitting by a water fountain, sipping what I assumed to be a refilled canteen. He looked at the mountain of morsels in my sagging arms and he sighed.

"Didn't I say a few items?" He asked.

"Yes, but everything looked so tasty I had to try all of it" I replied.

I scattered my things onto the white stone and started munching.

"Oh, and you can take whatever you want" I told him as I started on a piece of fresh bread.

He shrugged before nibbling on a piece of Banaple, an exotic blend of banana and apple.

I wondered in amazement, how someone who ate so little could stay so... Muscular. Ganon was the only wizard I've ever met with biceps, and I found it odd that he ate less than me. I mean he wasn't like ripped and donning a six pack or anything, but a little muscle went a long way in the Mage world. I grabbed a turkey leg and dug my teeth into the succulent meat. Actually thinking about it the most muscular Mage I'd met before Ganon was... Him.

I grimaced at the thought of my best Friend as sadness spilt into my heart.

"You okay?" Asked Ganon as I stop eating.

"Yea, I'm just not as hungry as I thought I was"

"You're not lying to me are you?" He asked.

"No" I lied, how could I tell Ganon when he didnt even know about my best freind.

"Hey, if you don't want to tell me it's okay, but don't mope around okay"

I nodded a small smile on my face.

"Now enjoy your meal, you used all my money on it anyway"

I continued with my food, hiding a smile.

They were so much alike.

'A thirteen year old girl sat next to a lightly older boy, under the dappled light of the tree. A giant picnic lay in front of both of them, as the girl giggled giddily. Her best friend smiled at her. An almost empty bag of money lay next to him, while mountaains of food lay around them. The girl was laughing at a joke he had just made and he watched her giggle, smiling warmly. " Now enjoy your meal, you used all my money on it anyway"'

I was snapped out of my memory by the screaming of the people nearby. Looking around me I spotted a man on a roof holding a shrieking girl by the scruff of her neck. The man was dressed in brown robes, with a bald head and a black whiskey moustache. The six year old who was being gruffly held by the neckline of her dress looked fearfully at the ground above.

This man laughed manically, before looking at the whole of the town square.

"Hello citizens" he yelled.

Everyone looked at him, and tension floated through the air.

"Who is this guy?" whispered Ganon. I scrnched up my eyebrows, I had no idea, but he looked familiar.

"It's come to my attention, that a few days ago, one of you tried talking back to one of my men. Apparently, you thought that since he payed an unfair amount you had the right to insult him. It seems you impudent humans don't understand what us Mages can do. You see, you may have the swords and the bows, that can kill a single entity"

I looked at him suprised, if he was a mage then why was he saying it in public. And why did he have that little girl hostage?

He looked around smiling.

"But us mages have the power to destroy whole armies and villages with just a single spell"

Everyone in the town looked at him fearfully as he laughed. Where was this madman going with this?

"It's time you learnt your place" he said and with that he let go of the girl, as she screamed plummeting to her doom.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello peeps! from now on im not going to do an intro because its a hassle for me and you probably think its a nuicense. Anywho nothing to report. Oh and sorry for being absent for so long

And Remember, 

BEILIEVE IT!!!

PikachuUzamaki