Chapter 15: The boy in the picture

Hiya Guyz! How's life treatin you? Good? Anywho here's the next Chappy. Read it!!!

__________________________________________________________________

Chapter 15:

The boy in the picture

"Glacies Element: Frozen Beam"

My snowman summon growled as the powerful blast struck it. It keeled over, its knee now covered in ice. The creature roared furiously as it tried to break through, hardly gaining any results. I smiled, I was getting better.

I lunged at the beast with my sword and cleaved of a large chunk of its snow arm. The snowman swatted me, it's ice drill hands threatening to spear me. I dodged easily as its drill got stuck into the ground.

This was the important part. I concentrated as hard as I could on the back of my hand, sending my mana to the patch of flesh. I closed my eyes as i searched my mind. An image of Nia appeared in my head, a rare smile graphted on her face. Butterflies wriggled in my stomach as I felt power surge to my fist in huge amounts, I snapped open my eyes.

"Glacies Element: Icy blades"

Icicles grew from the back of my palm as I leapt of the ground. I drove my hands through the centre of the snowmen, ploughing a giant hole through its middle. I landed on the other side balancing on my knee.

I heard a huge wail as the snowman collapsed, turning into a mountain of snow, before disappearing. I stood up and stretched, smiling to myself. That practise had gone pretty good, the time it took for me to get the icy blades spell was getting shorter and shorter. Although I hadn't figured out the Nia thing yet. I wanted to ask her to help me with the spell, but something was holding me back. That's why I practiced the spell everyday till I got better.

I cracked my knuckles as I headed for the camp site. For the past couple of weeks Nia and I had been travelling to the Wizard Supply emporium. I know that sounded pretty weird, but if we wanted to rescue all the wizards from the 'magic tournament' we needed to be prepared. Half of our gear was busted and it was already taking a toll on us. My sword had started to wear away, gaint chips in it from the amount of rocks it has cut into. Mine and Nia's gemstones were wearing fast and had almost lost their luster. Even Nia's armour had torn and she had switched to a new piece of leather armour. That I didn't mind though because it suited her way better. I blushed at the thought of Nia's new armour, but snapped myself out of it.

I walked into the site, the complicated enchantment around our space letting me in. Our so aptly named 'camp site' was a piece of grass, protected by a multitude of enchantments. Invisibility spells, sound masking spells, a spell that created a diversion, you name it, Nia had thought of everything.

A steaming piece of deer lay on a pice of bark, as a lively fire danced in the evening light. Nia sat amongst a pile of books, the scratching of her quill the only noise that could be heard. I felt a tiny tug in my gut as I looked at her and I chose to ignore it.

"Hello" I greeted.

"Hrm" came her reply.

"Your very chatty"

She peered over her books as she glared.

"What?" I asked.

"I'm trying to work" she said.

"On what" I asked curiously.

"Magic"

"What sorta magic?"

"Runes, history, spells, armour, gemstones...." She started.

"Why are you studying all that?"

"Well it just doesn't make sense" said Nia, folding her arms.