Chapter 18

I spent the whole day trying to find Ming, I called Pha and told him to contact me if he saw or spoke to either of these two idiots and I was exhausted by the time I came back to my room. I had huge amount lab reports to submit the next day so I decided to work on it but I kept checking my phone every other minute to see if Ming had read my messages.

Next day, I left early to Ming's building but his friend told me that he left for the classes early – now, that's it. I got really pissed and drove straight to engineering block, I know Ming's schedule like the back of my palm so I went straight to his class. He was sitting there copying something down as if everything was perfect in his world, so I walked in trying to control my temper.

"Ming, what are you doing" I asked him, he looked up and automatically smiled seeing me there all grumpy. May be he was hoping for me to come to him like this, I sighed – he really is a kid at times. "I am copying my report which was due today and I missed finishing, is there a problem", am getting annoyed now "come out" I said, and he quietly followed me out while his classmates wolf whistled.

"Ming" I started but right then my phone rang and it was Pha, he looked a bit hurt as I said "Let me take it", he just nodded but didn't say anything. "Hello Pha, what is it?" I asked "Really, Beam is not in... okay will come there" i cut my call and turned to look at Ming, before I could say anything he said "Go on, I need to finish my report" and walked away. I texted him "this is not over, we still need to talk" and went to my class.

Pha was waiting for me in front of the classroom and said that "Beam is not in nor is he in his room, I am not able to find him at all. His room is locked and phone is not reachable "Did you meet him yesterday? I thought you said that you did." He looked at me questioningly like I am responsible.

I was annoyed now but i just sighed and told him what Beam yelled at me , Pha nodded "what the hell is happening with my friends" he looked at me "Also, Yo was telling me that Ming has been not himself as well and he spent the whole day hiding in Yo's room yesterday trying to avoid you". I was shocked, "But Yo said, he was not there", Pha sighed "Yo is more loyal than you would imagine when it comes to Ming, but at least he told me."

"I am lost Pha" I said "I don't know what to do with either of them, I can see Beam hurt – physically hurt, but he blamed me - said that I am the reason, and he won't tell me more. While Ming is keeping his distance as if he is breaking up with me". Pha thought for a minute "let's handle one at a time, and here comes a third one that I would very much like to punch given all the confusion" I turned around to see who it was, and Forth came towards us half running.

"Hey Guys, have you seen Beam?" he asked "he is not answering my calls or texts", I am not able to find him anywhere. Pha and I looked at each other – what is this now? usually Forth is on war path with Pha because of Yo but he is looking for Beam? i was speechless, but Pha caught up faster and answered "Why would we tell you?", he was on his mean mode – I think he is trying to get something out from Forth is possible, "Please Pha," Forth looked miserable "Please tell me if he is okay, I am worried" now Pha lost his mask.. "worried!!!".... "Why? What happened? Why are you looking for him?", Forth looked a bit taken aback "well, nothing....Just text me if you guys see him okay" he said and left.

"Yeah like hell, we will" said Pha and then he cursed out loud "What the Fuck", and since we both didn't know what to do we went inside the class as professor went in. Beam came running in 5 mins after the bell and sat in between us, this asshole I thought to myself, "Where were you?" we asked together "Nothing guys, cut it out" he barked back we had to stop as there was nothing more we can ask once the class started. I texted Pha "I need to end this today, and I need your help." He replied "Okay – straight after class".

3 hours seemed like 3 eons, and as soon as the class was over Beam got up, but both Pha and I got each of his arm and pulled him down, he winced loudly as he satdown and his arms looked bruised here and there. "Tell me what is going on" said Pha, "Please Beam, tell me what did I do wrong" I said pleading. Beam just looked down, while Pha said "something is wrong, tell us" he paused for a minute "Do you like Kit? Is that what this is?" he blurted out.

Both Beam and I were shocked with this question,and Beam looked as if he would punch Pha in the face, but that didn't stop Phafrom continuing "Spit it out Beam, you should know you are hurting your friendsif you keep quiet, especially Kit".. Wait what is this moron doing, I neededhim to help me sort it out, not complicate further but before I could reply orhint Pha to shut up, Beam answered very softly "I do".... "or I Did", and then hestood up yelling "Hell – I don't know" and started walking out "don't you guysdare follow me" he shouted as he went out through the door. 

I messed up big time, was all i could think of as hurt and confusion in Beam's voice was very real.