Chapter 6

"Somebody, please let me out" , "Ma", "Pa" .."please"..."i will never say that again. I promise" i shout but no one is around. It is pitch black and i cannot see anything, not even a tiny dot of light.... and then i heard my pa crying alone... I woke with up suppressing a scream.

It was 3 in the morning, i didn't realize i had slept at all. I emptied out the water bottle next to me, it has been years since i had similar nightmare and it is starting again now. I went into the bathroom, washed my face and looked into the mirror - seeing myself with bloodies eyes and exhausted face. I could feel the tears running down my cheek. I washed my face again and they said "I am not going to give into fear, it's my life and i will not let you ruin it for me". It was then i decided to go see Ming in the morning.

I got myself and Ming some breakfast - that's going to be my excuse and went to Wayo's room, i knew he has a test and had left early that day from Pha so i really wasn't expecting anyone. But when i was close to the door, i saw it was open and can hear people , well girls laughing inside.

I opened the door and saw Ming, surrounded by four girls from his class and star of engineering faculty - they were feeding him breakfast and he seemed to be enjoying all the attention. "Gals, Please - I am okay, Thanks for your love. Now please leave to class" said Ming "Thanks for the notes". I lost it - i just bang opened the door and everyone was surprised.

Ming started a smile when he saw me and i went mad "Really Ming, and here i was worried if you got breakfast". I dropped the cover on the floor , just turned and walked out towards steps. "Kit, stop. Please" i could hear Ming coming after me but i just walked fast. I was in my car and on my way out saw Ming standing with a defeated face on my way out though the rear-view mirror.

My phone buzzed "Kit, please come back", next "Kit, you got me wrong" , next "Kit, i am sorry - please don't misunderstand" Mings text flooded my inbox and i ignored them all.

It was my mistake to believe that Ming was sincere. I should have used my brain - i know how Ming has been. By the time i reached my classroom, Pha and Beam were already there. "Answer your stupid phone Kit" shouted Beam, "I have been texting and calling you for so long - you are so late. Where were you? I came to your room and you were not there - so don't try to lie". "Hmm.. Err" I sighed and gave up "I went to give breakfast to Ming". "Ok, so why do you look like your heart has been pulled out" said Beam "did he try something with you?" he paused and looked at me. "I swear, i will kill him if he hurts you". I smiled "i am okay beam, don't let your imagination run. But guys can you please stay with me tonight - i do not want to be alone" they looked at each other but agreed without questioning.

It has been 2 weeks, i have not spoken to Ming at all - but i see him outside my apartment daily, it is as if he is making sure i come in safe "what an Idiot" i think to myself. I ignore his texts as usual but he last one made me cry "Kit, do i really scare you to the extent you have Pha or Beam staying with you everynight? If so I am sorry, i will not bother you. I promise. Please smile even if it is not at me"

Pha came in, "Kit - are you okay?" "why are you crying? I have never seen you shed tears even under worst situations." He sensed that it about the text i might have received and pulls out the phone from me and reads the message. After a minute "Kit - please tell me what is wrong" he said "you wake up screaming from every night, we are worried". Yo tells me that Ming is also not his usual self and lifeless, it tortures him and in turn it hurts me. "Please Kit - for your sake and all our sake, tell us what happened?, did Ming really hurt you? I need to know what is going on with you to at least help or protect you ......don't keep me and Beam out"

I looked at them - may be its time i tell themthe truth. They have been with me for so long - i felt like i am cheating themas well."Okay Pha, let's please go out somewhere - i do not want to talk aboutit in here".