Chapter 3

We were in the hospital waiting room, and Ming was in the emergency being treated by what seem to be one too many doctors for my comfort that it is not serious. "Ming, is such a good fighter. The guy we caught was bloodied and had a broken nose. 3 against 1, wow. Just wow" i heard Kluai say. I just wanted to rip his throat off then and there but restrained myself. 

"For a short guy, you pack a fierce punch Kit. I never expected you to fight – yeah Pha may be but never you" he just continued I know he is just trying to ease of the tension in that waiting room but i can help but feeling irritated. 'Thanks Kluai, for your vote of confidence' i said and then walked out.

Pha and Beam came out with me, 'are you okay Kit' asked Beam. I just turned and looked at them. 'I don't know, i had no idea what triggered me like that or why am I like this now' i said looking at them for some understanding. Pha just patted me on my shoulder and said 'you are just a good guy, who can never see someone close to you being hurt. Let's leave it at that for now. Let's go have a doctor look at your hands now. I want to make sure you have not broken it'

I had a clean bill of health except for an ice pack to my knuckles and a very troubled heart. Pha and Beam were sitting on my side and Beam said 'Kluai was right, you can be my bodyguard anytime' with a smile and understanding in his eyes. 'why don't you give it a rest Beam' said Pha and then added 'do you want to wait Kit or go back to the dorm. Choice is yours'.

 I just looked at him, this guy here is my best friend i do not have to explain myself and he is telling me that he will be with me irrespective of my choice. I only felt grateful at the moment.

'I want to wait and make sure Ming is okay, but can you guys stay with me.' I said. It was what I wanted to do for now, and am not going to analyse it further. So we waited until doctors came out and informed that Ming has been hit by something heavy on his head and that he has a concussion, along with a broken arm and few scarps. He is conscious but they wanted him in the hospital for 48 hours to observe.

We all went in, I nearly collapsed when i saw him on that bed but he smiled on seeing me. Thanks Kit. It would have been worse if not for you. Forth came out first saying 'we have filed a complaint Ming – but only as mugging gone wrong. Don't worry we will ensure that your fame as stud remains intact among our university girls'. Also, your parents are here so we are going out.

"Kit, can you stay for a minute please" said Ming. Guys moved out and i went closer to him and said 'take care Ming, next time run don't fight. You are precious to many people' his lips curved up a bit but he winced in pain. "Good Night and I won't be coming back to the hospital. Take care" i said coldly and went out with the guys not waiting for his reply.

I couldn't sleep a bit that night and i just drowned myself in alcohol. It was almost 5 AM and i was still awake. i decided to go to Pha's room. It was Saturday so we had no class i could sleep for some time i hoped. 'you look like shit man, wash up first and then sleep, i don't want my sheets smelling' said Pha. 'Yeah ok ok... you control freak' i muttered but still went to wash up and then i crashed on his bed.