Chapter 9

It is a beautiful day and i was up so early against all odds, and was ready for class, I know Pha was going to pick Yo , i opened the door and saw Pha and Beam walking down the corridor, "Someone is all ready to see me" said Beam with a smirk "come on, let's go" said Pha and without stopping. We all came down after picking up Yo, and I saw Ming there waiting with a smile.

"Hi Kit" he smiled "you don't see anyone else anymore don't you Ming" said Yo with a pout, "hello all, come on Yo, I have spent years trying to spot Pha for you can't you be more supportive" said Ming with a easy smile walking up to us. He immediately tried to hold my hand but I shook him off saying "Don't start Ming... and what are you doing here so early?" "Same as Pha, here to pick up my boyfriend" he said while others laughed i can only act annoyed "i don't need you to pick me up" but he didn't miss a beat "then okay, you pick me up and drive me to the hospital, i need to get this cast out" he then whispered moving close to me "so that i can hold you with both my hands properly". I just frowned and didn't bother replying.

"Hey, what am I going to do now?, you guys can't leave me alone" said Beam but both Pha and I just waved back to him and kept walking.

"Don't you have classes today?" I asked Ming "Nope am off the whole week – one additional perk of having my hand broken, plus am really good at studying so i don't have to worry so much you know – you should be proud of having such a genius for a boyfriend", i turned around to see his face "seriously Ming, cut it out – stop announcing to everyone that i am your boyfriend.... there is still so much that i need to sort it out" i said.

He backed off immediately "okay, okay – but you know i mean it. Now drive to your class – i will come pick you up once it is over and we will go to the hospital" we rode in silence just sneaking a glance at each other. Once i reached medical facility he got down, said "Now, smile for me once love and have a great day" before blowing off a kiss in my direction and walked away. That casual act blew me away and what happened in the class room was a blur.

I never realized that over a month had gone by and we are now cramming for our mid-terms and it had now become a routine for Ming to pick me up to and from my classes, we had our dinners together sometimes alone sometime with Beam or sometime with the whole gang. It never felt out of place of place. We are where we were we started, never made it official but somehow the whole campus seem to know that we were together. We held hands, occasionally kissed but never more.... Not for the lack of trying on Ming's part but he waited patiently and that made me just love him more.

My phone buzzed "ask that idiot to come over, i am not able to concentrate with your phone buzzing constantly" said Beam annoyed, Pha and Yo where there already, well we were in Yo's room because we need Pha's genius brain to help us out. I gave up and asked Ming to come over, and bring some food along the way.

There was a knock on the door, "I will get it" i said before Beam can say something and it was Ming "Hi Kitkat, how is it going on – ready for the exams tomorrow?" he said carrying huge bags. I just rolled my eyes and let him in "it's the last and i can't wait for it to be over" said Beam "and give me the bag before you guys start something funny" he shouted. Ming just laughed and walked in.

He set the table so that we can all eat, "You know what Kit – you and Ming have my blessing if he is going to feed you like this every day. He seems to know the amount you eat" said beam with a smile "fuck off" i said while Ming laughed and said "Thanks Beam, but you know what your friend only says that he likes me, but never that he loves me" he continued "it's poor me, and you need to tell your friend to treat me better" giving me the lost puppy look and a very adorable pout.

Beam just turned to me, looked me in the eyes "it's time Kit" he said before i could reply "but hey, i know a lot of gals & guys if you don't love him. Just let me know i can chase him off for you". I ignored those two and called out "Yo, Pha, and come quick if you guys need food – I cannot guarantee that any will be left if you come late". Let's start guys I said and started eating without making more comments.

Ming just sat next to me and started eating as well ,he knew well that it was the end of conversation .We are all but done when Ming said "Let's all go out for dinner tomorrow, i have some news" Pha and Beam looked at me, but i just shrugged my shoulders as i had no clue too. "What is it Ming?" I asked but he just gave me a wink and said "concentrate on your studies my Dr.Kitty will tell you later."

Finally our exams are over, and we had 3 days to ourselves before classes start on Monday, Ming was in my room to drive us out to the hotel for dinner. Pha, Yo, Beam and Forth are going to meet us there. "Are you going to tell me what the news is?" i asked Ming once again but no, he will not open his mouth, he came to me "it's a surprise but a one will make you beleive me a little bit more. So you have to wait for it" and gave me a quick kiss on my cheek while hugging me from behind. "Ok" i said giving up.

Dinner was fun, with all my friends and loved one next me. We were about to order dessert when Ming said "now, for the big announcement" we all looked at him "I am kidnapping Kit for 3 days, i know you all don't have major plans so it should be okay" wait.... what? What the hell is he talking about? "Ming, what are you scheming now?" i asked him. "I have already packed your bags Kit, we are going straight from here to my house. No way you can run." He looked at everyone "I have already spoken to my parent that i am bringing home my boyfriend" turning to me he continued "ma has already guessed it is you and she is expecting you to come. So don't bother trying to say no".

I was dumbstruck; i didn't know what to react. I was scared, confused and happy at the same time, i knew Ming was impulsive but this was a shock. Pha turned to Yo "did you know about this Yo?", he asked " yes, i didn't tell you because i promised Ming and he is my best friend. I am not going to let him down" replied Yo with such confidence that Pha didn't say anything. He just looked at me with his eyes full of concern, i am not sure what he saw "Ming, just take him and go now. We will settle the bill here. Don't give him time to think" he said with a smile.

Before I knew it, i was in Ming's car and we are on our way to his place. "It is going to be a long drive Kit, so relax "said Ming "are you fuc***g crazy?, why didn't you tell me" i shouted "you would have never agreed, and i needed somehow to prove my sincerity. If i can come out to my parents and introduce you, i thought maybe you will trust me a bit more". He continued, i can see the pain in his eyes when he said "don't think i don't know that you are still waiting me to cheat on you or there is something that you are not telling me. I am waiting for you to trust me fully to tell me yourself".

I could not at his face any longer, guilt is eating me up. "What if I tell you and you don't see me the same any longer Ming, What if you don't love me anymore" i could never say these words out loud instead my eyes tear up and i turn away.

"i am not asking you Kit, you never have to tell me anything other than you love me" he said holding my hand "that's enough" and took my hands to his lips to kiss me. "Stop the car Ming, pull over" he was worried but he did as I asked him to. I got down and he followed me out.

"Do you mean what you said, is it enough?" i asked him, he held both my hands and said while looking into my eyes "Yes, it is enough. I ask you for nothing more than to take my heart and give me yours". I could hold it no longer, standing on my toes i raised my hands to pull him down a bit – "I love you Ming, with all my heart. I love you so much that my heart will not beat for anyone but you" and i kissed him. He kissed me back so softly and i could feel his tears on my eyes. He pulled me in so tight that there were no longer two shadows on the ground but one.