Chapter 14

I could feel the pain in my neck as i felt the gentle tapping on my shoulders, i slowly opened my eyes and there was Ming's pa waking me up... What??!! Is he in my room... i quickly look around and try to get up, he gently pressed me down and then i realize the weight on my lap was Ming's head, he is in deep sleep. Shit!!! I wake him up quickly, he whines for 10 more minutes as he gets up and was shocked to silence when he saw his pa standing in front of him.

"Come on in, breakfast is almost ready. Don't you guys have to go back early?" he asked in a bit strained voice, but there was something in is eyes that i found comforting... i really was not able to exactly identify it, might have been a smile but it was gone before i can fully catch on. We both went to our rooms, quickly showered and came for breakfast. His mom had cooked so much food, i was astonished.

We started eating in silence, i was mostly scared to say anything so i just kept looking at my plate, now and then Ming's ma will call me out and ask something, or give me more food, but i could feel pa's eyes on me all the time. "Ming, Kit" he called suddenly and i looked up... afraid to look anywhere but him especially his son "I want you guys to be careful, you both are still very young and just at a point where you are starting your life" he now looked at Ming "Studies comes first, don't let anything distract you", Ming replied "Of course Pa, don't worry". He then turned to me "Do not hurt him" he said, it was half a plea and half a command, i choked.. what me hurt him? The chances of Ming hurting me is much more than what he said, but i gathered up my courage, looked him in the eye "Never, I promise", he sighed "then, that's all. You guys go back safely" and left the table.

Ming's mom had packed us so much food, and we had stuffed everything into Ming's car, and were saying our good bye's when my phone rang, it was Pha. "Hello Pha, we are just starting – i will call you back" i said and cut the call. 

"Take care guys, Ming make sure you call me once you reach" she said as she was hugging Ming. He made a face but said that he will."Can i hug you Kit?" she asked , and i was taken aback for a second, she didn't hesitate and she gave me a warm hug "take care of each other, call me if you need anything" I felt myself melt in that motherly hug, which i have never received even from my mom. "Okay ma" it came out without me even thinking and she smiled pleasantly.

I kept looking back at her waving to us, as we moved on "Phew... it went much better that what i hoped" said Ming with a smile, i just nodded and said "You are one luckly asshole", and my phone rang, it was Beam now, i answered and before I could say hello "Hey, are you okay? I thought Ming said 3 days, what is Pha saying you are coming back now?" he said without breathing "Beam, am okay. I will tell you the details once i reach. Don't worry."

I needed sometime to process and sort out my feelings so i decided to us this opportunity "I am tired and am going to sleep. I will call you once i reach my room. Also Ming's mom has packed so much food, you guys come and join us for lunch" i cut the call and turned to Ming "Wake me up once we reach the campus" and closed my eyes, turning towards the window without waiting for reply.

I was not sure what was going on inside me, I was happy and sad at the same time, I was extremely jealous of Ming, that the very sight of him hurt me also i was so relieved that he was sincere enough to introduce me to his parents and grateful for their easy acknowledgement. But all things aside, I now knew one thing for sure – i am in love with him and he can now destroy me if he breaks my heart. But i am not going to worry about it, for now he is in love with me and i decide not to think further into future, we can handle it as it comes.

It was a silent for some time, we agreed to switch driving as Ming complained he is sleepy, but i know he wants us to talk, so i agreed. We spoke of so much nonsense, that time flew and we reached out campus before we knew it. We both went to my room as i called the guys.

"Wow Ming!!! How do you stay so thin? You mom is an awesome cook." Complimented Pha as he ate, the whole gang was here hogging up on food, Ming was sitting on my right and Beam on left, Pha directly opposite to me with Yo next to him. Ming said "I am just born this way – super good looking", Beam frowned "good looking – what an ass", he turned "Now – tell me what happened" before i could answer, Ming jumped in "I got us my parents blessing, it was done.... so we came back" with a smirk on his face, that i have come to understand that it comes on whenever he is proud or happy with himself or enjoying himself teasing me.

All 3 pairs of eyes were on us, mouth open for a second before they could recover. "WHAT????", "HOW??!!!!" was from Beam and Pha, "Ming – you need to slow down and give us the details" said Yo. Ming proudly put his hands around me "He is officially mine now" looking directly at Beam.

I think i must have turned red for a minute there. Hmm... I need to tell Ming to turn it down a notch , but realization dawned on Pha while Beam still looked confused "He knows" Pha mouthed the words questioningly for me to see, I said "Yes". He then smiled widely and said out loud "This is going to be FUN!!!!" looking at the three of us.