Chapter 16

I quickly called Pha and gave him the details and asked him to check in on Beam, while i helped Ming back to his room. "I am truly sorry Kit, i got carried away" said Ming, "I know, and it is partially my fault" i replied "No, no don't say that – you have been clear from the beginning" he tried to me from feeling guilty. "Ming, i know am not at fault here, but i was as involved as you were before i pulled back. I am not playing any victim scenario. So if you are okay, i really want to check in on Beam" i said as he continued to look at me strangely "I am worried, i have never seen him like that. That's all and i know you can take in a punch, so don't overact" i gave him a quick kiss "I will text you, please ... please understand"

Ming just continued to look at me, and then it was as if he decided "well, If that's what you wish. Go on, find Beam, but please keep me posted" I smiled, "Thanks. Good night." I said and left him in his room. I tried calling Beam multiple times, but he was not reachable and so i called Pha "Hi Pha, did you find out how Beam is" i asked Pha who told me that he has not been able to reach him either.

I am now fully worried, i was outside Beam's apartment waiting for him while Pha joined me. "Did i so something wrong Pha?" i asked as soon as he came next to me "Should i not have told him?, Is he confused or something because of me?" i have been thinking about this on my way back from Ming's room and I couldn't stop myself from voicing my concerns to Pha.

"No, I don't think so..." he paused "I hope so too" he then added "but i did sense something has been troubling Beam for some time now, there was an edge to most of his jokes and today it felt like he wasn't joking at all when he said he missed the 3 of us." He looked at me for a second "May be he just misses us, as i have Yo with me all the time and you have Ming", He was worried too, I could sense it but then we decided to call our friends to know if he was with any of them.

"Okay, Thanks" Pha disconnected the call and turned to me "It looks like Beam is with Forth and gang drinking, i just spoke with Forth... so it must be okay", "Good... Then fine. Let's talk to him tomorrow" i told him, but honestly i couldn't get rid of this nasty feeling inside me. I hope he is okay i thought myself, instead of going back to my room i decided to say at Beam's while Pha went back.

"All Okay, Sorry I left you like that" i texted Ming, there came an instant reply "It's okay. Are you with Beam now?"

Kit: "No, but i decided to stay in his room. He is out drinking with Forth"

Ming: "Do you have to? Should I come over? I do not like it

Kit: "He is my best friend, for much longer than i have known your existence, so yes i have to. And No you don't have to come over. Are you seriously this jealous?"

Ming: "Yes, what if he steals you from me? How live i go on living"

Kit: "Well, you might find a girlfriend / Boyfriend before i can say good bye Ming"

I was only half kidding when i texted him that as it is one thing which i was unsure of myself.

Instead of a reply i got a call "Do you really think that, do you still not trust me?" Ming sounded so dam serious on the other end "No Ming, i was only kidding when I said that" i responded "Shut it Kit, I know when you mean it and when you don't. I really don't know what more i should do so that you will trust me" he sounded angry and disappointed "Darling, try to understand – i really am worried about Beam as you would be of Yo. Should I be jealous of Yo then?" i asked trying to reason, he paused for a minute "Well, i trust you but not Beam" he said "something has been off ever since we came back from my parent's house, and if you tell me you hadn't noticed then you are lying to both me and yourself".

He was right, i did know that...i sensed it even before we went to his parents house, so i sighed "Yes, I know – but i need you to know that I am in love only with you, while i love Beam." He didn't reply "you need to trust me and I am being honest with you when i say, i need to take care of my friend". He still didn't reply, i know he was upset and worried "Please understand Ming, if there is something really wrong then i have to take accountability ..." i left it hanging. "How?" he asked and before i could reply he said "Forget it, i will talk to you tomorrow. I am going to sleep now – and just for the last time – I am sorry about what happened earlier" and he disconnected the call.

I was fully worried now, i tried calling Mingback but his phone was switched off. What the hell have i gotten myself intonow? Should i stay or go to Ming's room... I just couldn't make up my mind. Itried calling Forth but he was not reachable as well. So i decided to wait.