Chapter 10

We rode in silence, holding hands. I still can't believe what i had confessed and where we are going right now. I should be downright crazy to do to this, i looked at Ming, he was looking ahead but he is wearing such a beautiful smile on his face that my heart melts. I still have no clue how me manages to push me and do things his way, either he is very sneaky or my will power is pretty lame when it comes to him. I sigh, but smile. Ming turned around and asked "what are you thinking Kit? Can't take eyes of your handsome boyfriend huh?" i feigned annoyance "as if" but you are right, i will never accept it though "But Ming, what have you told your parents."

He sighed "Don't worry, i met them last week and told them that I am in love with a guy" he paused "it was a shock to them, while ma was trying to be supportive pa didn't say anything. I know he is struggling hard accepting but i have made up my mind, this is my life and i want to send it with you. I just have to convince them that I am happy, they will accept" he said with a pained look. "You didn't have to do it just for me, you know" i continued "I don't think it will be easy for me to talk to my parents".

"Don't worry Kit, you don't have to tell them unless you are ready and sure" he paused "also, i lied a bit when i said that they know you are my boyfriend" he looked at me worried "i told them i am in love with a guy, and he is a senior in my university". "What?" I shouted "what the hell am I doing with you now", "Are you going to introduce me now?"."Only, if you are okay with it" he said hurriedly "but, Ma did ask to bring you home for lunch 'my saviour' but i think she knows... ma be she wants to confirm".

This Idiot, it was stupid of me to trust him... but let it be. Now is not the time, i can see he is obviously tensed about meeting his parent, about lying to me. Well, you deserve it for lying to me. When I didn't say anything, he asked "Are you angry? I had to trick you; else you would never come on this trip. I need you there for my courage Kit and once you get to know them, you will love my parents too" he added.

"Let's not worry about it" i said meekly, thinking there is no way you are going to like mine, once you hear what happened.... "Just drive... don't think am not angry on you, I am just letting you go for now" i added in a threatening voice. "I so love it when you are angry" he said laughing "it's so cute" and i just smacked him on his head "Ouch, that hurts" said Ming "Not fair..." i just laughed.

Has it been 2 hours already... wow, just wow this guys drive like a maniac even worse than me i thought to myself. "We are almost there, and the house at the end of the street is mine" said Ming "Are you okay?" he added in a worried tone. "Yes, I am and don't worry, it will be okay" i said when did I become this brave – it must be Ming i thought to myself.

 "Let's get on with this, not all confess and meet the parents on the same day, you have a way of messing me up" i said to Ming. I didn't want to think, it's better that way. He held my hands "we will be together every step of the way, don't worry"

His house was huge, even bigger than ours. I know he was loaded but he was keeping it to himself. They had a huge and lovely garden with amazing variety of flowering plants, whoever did this must love gardening, the detail and care that went it to it showed. "What are you thinking, standing there? Come on" said Ming and i could see someone else standing with him.

I walked up fast and it was his ma "Hello Aunty, how are you. Sorry for coming in so late, and thanks for having me over" i said. She smiled and asked us to come in holding Ming's hands. "What were you doing asked" Ming "Garden looks beautiful, the level of care and attention to detail is wow.. just wow" i said excitedly "i cant wait to look at it in the morning". Ming was giving me a strange look "I never knew you like gardening" he said "well, it is something i do with my Ma, i help around landscaping, and you don't have to know everything about me" i added to Ming.

It was Ming's ma who answered "Really, that is nice and thanks for the compliments, It is my one and only hobby and next best thing that i love next to Ming and my family" she added, smiling warmly towards me. I didn't know what to respond "It is really beautiful Aunty" i said softly. "Come on, let me show you guys to your rooms" she said "i have prepared guest bedroom for you, it is on the ground floor and Ming's upstairs" i can see that she was eyeing Ming when she said that but this guys acts well – should i be worried in future?.... hmmm i will think about it later "okay ma, that's perfect" turning to me "come on, Kit – i will show you".

We were in the guest bed room "Dude – you were awesome; i think you scored major points with my mother. I was stupid, i should have given you pointers before – but looks like i do not have to worry at all." "Shut it, Ming – i really meant what i said" i told him off and shooed him out before he could get all hand-sy with me "Good Night, sleep well. I will text you" he gave a quick peck on my cheeks and ran out. I could hear him and his mother talking as they went to his room.