Chapter 12

Day went quickly; Ming and I went out with an excuse that he is going to show me around the neighbourhood. He apologized for not thinking straight and putting me through it but i said it was not half as bad as what i expected it to be. I really did like his mother.

We were at the dinner table – Ming kept giving me items saying they are good, or his mom makes them the best or just that i would like. I had to kick him under the table a couple of times so that he would get a clue and stop what he was doing.

His father didn't talk much but kept looking at me and Ming, and then sometimes i could see pain on his face, sometime anger. I felt extremely guilty and wanted to go back. I can't face them anymore.

"Thanks for having me here" i said in general "you have a lovely home, i hope Ming told you that i am here only for a day and i need to go tomorrow". Ming was shocked on hearing this that his jaw dropped, but he went with the flow "Sorry ma, i forgot to mention it. We are going back tomorrow as Kit has an appointment tomorrow evening. I will come back after dropping him" his mother was surprised but didn't say anything. "I will pack something for lunch, you are leaving after breakfast right" she asked "No aunty, it is okay" i said but she insisted that she is going to pack us lunch.

I was in my room, what the hell have we done. I can sense that his pa is in pain and i was worried on what will happen to Ming, i could see that he had brought me in as a buffer between him and his parents, which means he is scared and worried as well. He does a good job of hiding it, but i can see it in his eyes. I can be strong for him, but i had my limit. I left his text unanswered after one saying "let's talk tomorrow".

It must be around 1 AM, and i was thirsty and feeling suffocated. I decided to step out to the garden for some time. I could hear Ming's ma and pa talking – shit ! Are they awake? Where is Ming, i looked around worried but he was not there, i froze at my place when i heard uncle saying "is it that boy, Kit?", Ming's ma was surprised "how did you know?" ,for which he replied "I am not blind, am I? Anyone with eyes can see that Ming loves that boy. But what about his future?" he paused "i do not want him going through such a struggle; this society is not this open you know".

I was surprised; he was worried about his son. Not ashamed but worried. This is how a parent should react, not like mine. This is how families should be. I felt so jealous at Ming for a minute and i don't know what came over me but i felt like bursting out crying. I quickly moved away and went out to catch my breath.

I was sitting down hunched over, when i felt someone moving towards me, i quickly dried my tears and turned to see if it was Ming's parents. It was Ming's ma, i got up trying to smile. "Are you okay Kit?" she asked her voice so full of concern i can't help but answer truthfully "I am sorry, really sorry for putting you through this. But I love Ming and he loves me" she sighed, "I know, do your parents..." she left it hanging "No, i mean yes but they don't acknowledge that side of mine, we pretend everything is normal and never speak about it". She didn't say anything "Go on to your room. i am tired let's talk in the morning". "Sorry" was all i could say , but she gave me such a warm smile and said "try to sleep".

I just stood there not sure for how long, until i felt someone huggingme from behind."You are lucky to have such great parents who love and care foryou so much" I said trying to suppress a sob. "But i am putting them throughnothing but pain" he replied "but i guess, it is what it is... they will beokay once they see how happy i am with you". It was so easy, just so black andwhite for him.... tears rolled down my cheek when he kissed me and said "it'sokay. I am here" said the sensitive Ming who's existence only Yo knows, and nowme. "i know" i replied but i couldn'thelp but think for how long, or should be even be.

"She is okay with us you know" he said "in fact, i think she likes you". I was so worried at first he continued "i decided to come out to them, but was not sure how my father will react, but my ma helped me - all she asked me was if i knew what i felt and what i need to face in the future. I told her honestly that i didn't know but there is only one thing I am sure of, that i love this guy and he makes me happy like no one else could. She didn't say anything much after that other than okay. he paused to come in front of me, and we both sat down "she spoke to my dad, she convinced him. I have an hunch she knew it was you even before asking me to bring you over. from the day she met you when i got into that accident"

I sighed and didn't say anything for sometime "I really like her" i paused "i am so jealous of your parents, mine are not like this" he nodded "I heard what you said to my mom, i have been out here for sometime and was looking at you, i don't know what happened but just know that I am here for you and I love you. Rest we will figure it out".