[ e i g h t e e n ]

"Can we talk?"

"Can we talk?"

The door is slightly open, Sori's head peeking through the crack of the door. She looks at Jungkook with a hard expression, her eyes squinted and bloodshot red. But she notices that he looks just like her, bloodshot red eyes, dry lips and a pale face. 

"Come in," she finally insists, giving in as she opens the door for him to enter. He walks into the hotel room, carefully looking at her as she folds her arms. 

"I―"

"You have five minutes to talk, and after your five minutes is up, I get to speak, got it?" She raises an eyebrow and he complies, nodding his head. "Go ahead."

"Well, I don't know how to start." He mumbles sheepishly, "there's just so many things I need to tell you and I don't know where to start and how to start."

"Want me to help you out?" She asks and he's suddenly terrified. "The day you left, why? Why didn't you tell me? Why did you ignore me? Why didn't you hear me out?"

"I left because I had to, my parents told me that they paid my tuition at a school abroad. How could I say no to that? That's why I left." He explains. "And why did I not tell you? Because I didn't want you to pour your heart out to me the day I left and never come back again. I knew you would be broken if I did that."

"Bullshit," she scoffs. "That's all bullshit, Jungkook. We both know it is."

"It's not bullshit, Sori." He shakes his head. "We both know that if you told me that you loved me that day, I would still leave because I had to leave and you would be so broken about it."

"What if I decided to go with you? Did you not think of that?" She asks. "How about a long distance relationship? Did you not think of that either?"

"But you just don't understand, Sori!" He yells and she flinches at his tone. "You just don't understand."

"Then make me understand!" She screams.

"Because I was afraid, okay?" He runs his fingers through his hair frustratingly. "I was afraid because all the girls I've been with before you never stayed, and then I met you and―and I was terrified knowing that I was falling in love with you because when I found out that I was going to leave that only meant that I was leaving you and you wanted to stay with me."

"What?" She whispers.

"I was afraid because you're the only girl that actually wanted to stay with me, someone who wanted to be with me for as long as she wanted to. If you were those other girls I dated, they would just leave me. But when it was my turn to leave, I didn't want you to feel the same way I did." He explains.

"But what about Taehyung? Why were you so mad at him?" She questions him.

"He had been nothing but selfish, claiming you all to himself―he knew that I was going to leave for America, he knew that our relationship or whatever the fuck we had was already getting ruined―and so he took his chance to split us apart." He explains through gritted teeth.

"Why did you let him do it anyway?"

"Because I had no idea he liked you." He laughs bitterly. "And then I fly out to America, next thing I know, he's already making moves on you. Right after that, I come back thinking that I'm completely over you and ready to start a future with another woman but I only end up seeing you with him and it makes me feel like shit."

"My turn," she whispers, looking down at her watch. "Do you know how fucked up I felt when you left? And now that you're back, you think you can just walk back into my life and make it seem like I'm not over you at all?"

"Are you?" He asks, and she raises her hand up to stop him from speaking.

"I was completely fine, Jungkook. I had Taehyung, Yoojung, we were all living happily and perfectly, why did you have to come back?" She questions him, almost threateningly. "I was doing so much better on my own without you, why did you have to destroy all of that and come back―and now that you came back, I suddenly feel like―I feel like I'm still in love with you when I shouldn't!"

"So, you wouldn't ever give me a second chance? You wouldn't give us a second chance?" He whispers, and she runs her fingers through her hair. 

"That's the problem, Jungkook." She replies softly. "You just ended your engagement with the most innocent woman ever, and I'm sure she loves you just as much as I do―maybe even more. Meanwhile I, I just broke Taehyung's heart and he has done nothing but care for me when you left."

"Do you still love me?" He asks her.

"I don't know," she laughs emptily. "I just need time off, I need time away. I need time away from you and Taehyung."

He nods his head, almost as if he looks disappointed. But he musters up a sad smile, shoving his hands into his pockets. She wipes away her tears. He glances down at his watch.

"Five minutes is up," he whispers, his smile not reaching his ears. "But starting now, take all the time you need to figure things out."

"T-Thank you, I will," she purses her lips into a line.

She watches him start to head towards the door, but just before he leaves, he turns over his shoulder and flashes her one last smile.

"But Sori-ah, I hope you remember that no matter how long it'll take for you to make up your mind, no matter what decision your heart makes, I just want to let you know that it's you that my heart wants." He mumbles, "and it might just hurt forever if you don't choose me, but at the same time, my heart will be happy for you in the end of it all when you do choose someone."

"Jungkook―"

"And if you don't feel what I still feel for you, just tell me Sori, to spare me the pain, okay?"