[ o n e ]

"I don't know what I'd do without you, Yuri

"I don't know what I'd do without you, Yuri."

Sori smiled to herself, shoving another handful of popcorn into her mouth as she watched the two actors lean in to share a chaste kiss. She took a sip of her drink, immediately swallowing it down.

"And I don't know what I'd do without you, Minwoo."

Sori mouthed the exact words that came out of the actor's lips, followed by a loud squeal and a few air kicks to contain her excitement. This was her usual Friday night after a three-hour lecture, — with no breaks, of course, this is university — her arms wrapped around a popcorn-filled bowl and her eyes immersed in a romance movie being the norm.

She would only watch romance movies to give pleasure to her dreams of being in a relationship. Being in a relationship only stopped at being a dream for her, mainly because her first love was dedicated to her own studies. Her parents had made her into a studying robot that goes to school, takes notes, and comes right back home to study her ass off for the next final.

Romance movies were her escape. Her escape, being, from the harsh reality that she had no time for a relationship. Meanwhile, she had a tremendous amount of time for her own education.

Suddenly, she jumped at the sound of her phone ringing. She quickly grabbed it, looking at the bright screen to see the last caller ID she would want to see.

"Hello?" Her voice completely changed the moment she paused the movie to answer the phone call.

"Sori-ssi, is there any way you could come to work tomorrow?"

"I — well, I —" She began, until her boss chuckled.

"I know you did tell me that you had a major test on Monday, but don't worry, I'm not going to let you stay for long." Her boss, Minjee, explained.

Sori rolled her eyes, this is the tenth time you've told me that, and I ended up working a whole Sunday shift.

"Oh, well, I can come." She said softly, "I've started studying for the test, anyways."

"That's great!" Minjee exclaimed. "Don't worry, I won't keep you for long. I just want you to help train our new employee, mainly because you're my favourite employee."

"Oh — that's great!" Sori felt herself get flustered, and she cleared her throat. "I'll be more than welcome to help train a new employee."

"Oh, thank god." Minjee said with emphasis, only to clear her throat as well. "I mean — this new employee.. he's quite.. different, amongst the employees at the flower shop."

"Different? I guess I could help change that." She mumbled.

"Great! I'll see you tomorrow, then." Minjee smiled, and Sori hummed in reply.

The moment she hung up on the phone call, she immediately turned off the TV and ran for her room. A few minutes later, she came out, her arms hugging around her textbooks. If she was going to work tomorrow, there'd be no way that she could study.