Fifteen

Zayn crept open the door to check on Harry and Louis before quietly shutting it and heading downstairs.

"Zayn, what are you doing here sweetie? And why is there a car parked in the driveway I don't recognize?" Louis' mother asked concerned.

"I'm sorry we came unannounced, Mrs. Tomlinson. The car belongs to Harry, and we are here because...it's about Louis." Zayn said as he scanned her face.

"What about him?" She asked.

"He has relapsed...." Zayn replied aimlessly scratching his skin; a pesky nervous habit.

Mrs. Tomlinson gasped. Her strong facade was twisting into a worried expression.

"Where is he? Where is my baby?" She frantically called out.

"He's upstairs taking a nap with Harry," Zayn pointed up the stairs direction. "I have to go but I'll see you sometime." He said walking forward the door.

"No please,stay. I could use the support." She begged as Zayn nodded. Both of them knew the battle that would occur ahead.

Mrs. Tomlinson and Zayn walked up the stairs and pushed the door open to Louis door. She slumped down on the bed and gently caressed his hair. She pulled the covers back and examined Louis' body.

Peeking out from under his shirt was razor sharp hip bones. His ribs could be counted easily and the ankle poking out of the bottom of his pants was very small in stature. His spinal bones protruded down his back in a heartbroken fashion.

"My sweet boy," Mrs. Tomlinson cried and she tried to remove Harry's sleeping grasp and place Louis in her lap.

Harry and Louis both jumped up startled at the sudden movement and noise.

"What's going on?" Louis asked and sought out Harry for comfort. When he snapped out of his sleep, he realized who was trying to hug him. "Mommy! I missed you!" He exclaimed.

"My baby boy! What are you doing to yourself son?" She cried grieving. It broke Louis inside. He cherished his mother more than anything.

"Mom, I love you." Louis said giving her a hug. "This isn't exactly how I pictured you meeting each other but this is Harry my...." Louis wasn't sure how to complete the sentence. He never asked what the official label was.

"I'm his boy-friend," Harry beamed as he stuck out his hand to shake hers but she grabbed him and squeezed tightly.

"Harry, I've heard so many nice things about you." She said as Louis blushed.

"Lou, we are all here because we are worried about you..." Harry began, instantly changing the atmosphere to dark.

"And we are here because we think you need help again," Zayn said placing his hand on Louis 'shoulder.

"My baby. I will do whatever is needed to get you better!" Mrs. Tomlinson stated as she snatched Louis into another hug. "We cannot let your sisters see you like this. They'll be home soon. It'll break their heart." She cried.

"Like what? What are you all talking about? I am fine! I am completely fine! Harry, tell them. Tell them you don't want me to go away. I know what you are talking about. Zayn, please. Mom?" He begged.

"Son, come here..." she said as she grabbed his wrist and walked him to a weight scale in her master bedroom. Once the digital scale had the number, she hunched over on her knees and sobbed.

Louis looked down at the number accomplished. "That's a record low. You should be proud of me. Why are you all crying?" He observed.

Mrs. Tomlinson was too grief struck to answer Louis question. Zayn helped her out of the floor and guided her to her room to have a breather leaving Harry and Louis alone.