One

With the clock ticking loudly in Louis' ears, he adjusted his jeans. Small butterflies danced around in his stomach, his throat tightened. He didn't want to go to class today. Okay, that's an understatement. He didn't want to go to class ever.

"God, I can't wear these! I look so fat!" He groaned as he unzipped the denim.

"What are you talking about? You're so fit!" His roommate, Zayn, disagreed. "You look great in those, actually." He winked.

Ah, Zayn. They've been roommates since Freshman year. Truth be told, he was Louis's sanity.

"Oh, stop your drooling! I appreciate the effort to make me feel better. I should probably change."

"No time, I'm afraid. You're going to be late for class if you don't get a move on!" Zayn said as he playfully pushed his roommate out of the door. "Lunch at 1:00?" He yelled down the hall. "And zip those back up!"

"Same place as always!" Louis retorted as he blushed.

Walking across campus, he let out a heavy sigh. He knew his college classes were coming to an end soon and he wasn't sure where life would take him. Would he and Zayn be able to maintain their friendship when college was over? Would he find a decent job? Would he be able to finally settle down and show interest in a relationship? He wasn't sure. All he knew is that he needed to get to class.

******

He placed his messenger bag on the floor as he observed the other students in the classroom. Instantly, he thought it was a bad idea signing up for this class. To his dismay, Zayn suggested he sign up for creative writing in hopes he could be around others who share his passion, but Louis knew that none of these would fit the bill. He didn't mean to be so judgmental, but he couldn't help it.

"Hello class. I will be your Creative Writing instructor. I would like you to go around the room and introduce yourselves if you don't mind. I'll start. I'm Mr. Cowell. I've been teaching for about two decades and I look forward to reading your pieces."

Louis's mind didn't stay in the present. He instead wondered if he should drop this elective or not and tell Zayn it was lame. Yet, in the middle of his daytime slumber, the door opened.

Walking in clumsily almost dropping his belongings to the floor was a tall, slender body with long curly hair. Louis tried to avoid contact with him. It was most of those moments in life where you find yourself nervous because you feel unworthy of so much beauty.

"Sorry I'm late," The voice rushed in embarrassed as Mr. Cowell instructed him to introduce himself. "Um...My name is Harry....uh...I am a junior and a Music major." The boy quickly said as he slumped in his desk. Louis was surprised how deep this man's voice was.

"Nice to meet you, Harry. You?" Mr. Cowell asked, pointing at Louis who was too busy admiring Harry to answer. "Hello?" Mr. Cowell asked again as the class giggled.

Louis suddenly snapped back to reality as his face turned red. "Oh. I'm Louis. I am a junior and an English major." He blushed. He swore he saw Harry give him a sweet smile.

"Nice to have class with you again, Mr. Tomlinson. For your first writing prompt, I want you all to think about what you struggle with the most and turn it into a poem. On Thursday, we will sit in a circle and critique the piece."

Louis could feel his heart beating out of his chest. He did not know that requirements for the class would be to share his writing with others. He knew then that he was going to drop the course. He could not possibly share his innermost thoughts with a classroom full of people. Just the thought of it was sending his body into panic.

Suddenly, Louis felt as if he couldn't breathe. His face became flushed and students rushed around him. Mr. Cowell sighed as he saw this before.

"It's alright, it's alright. Everyone please remain seated. Louis, can you hear me?" He asked but Louis could not answer him.