Twelve

Louis awoke to the sensation of a hand caressing his arm lightly. He smiled to himself as he realized Harry did not leave this time.

"Good morning," Harry whispered.

"Morning," Louis yawned.

"I have a surprise planned for you today," Harry chimed.

Louis gave him a suspicious look. "What kind of surprise?"

"Oh nothing to worry your pretty little head about," Harry replied as he patted the top of Louis' head. "I am going to eat breakfast with Liam and Niall if you would like to come along." Harry suggested already knowing the answer was going to be no.

"Yeah, I'd like that. I like spending time with you," Louis smiled. Harry smiled back and wrapped his arms around him tighter.

"Great. Now we're going to be late. Get dressed!" He said as he hurried Louis along. He, himself, was already dressed as he had been up for hours.

*****

Harry and Louis walked into the cafeteria holding hands and shyly smiling at each-other as Niall and Liam motioned them over to their table. Harry gave Niall a wink when he saw Chelsea sitting casually beside him.

"I think I want an egg white and kale omelet," Harry beamed. "How about you, Lou?"

Louis made a squeamish face. He was trying very hard to keep Ana quiet but she was screaming inside his ear, telling him not to eat. He didn't want to make Harry upset with him.

"Um, I think I'll have the same thing...." He said unsure. Harry walked over to the cooks as Louis took a seat beside Liam.

"So much homework," Liam complained. "Haven't seen you at the gym in awhile, Louis."

"I've been kind of a recluse...spending time in my room." He awkwardly stated. He didn't want to explain that while Harry stopped talking to him for those weeks, he became a utter mess and didn't want to leave his bed.

"Oh," Liam said. "Well, I'm glad you're here now. Not sure what happened between you but Harry wasn't himself," He whispered as Niall nodded.

"Really?" Louis asked as he looked back a Harry and felt his heart fluttering.

"Defiantly, Lad. Trust me. You're better together than apart." Niall said as he slapped Louis affectionately on the back. He swallowed hard as he felt his shoulder blade dig into the palm of his hand. So this is why Harry was so worried about Louis, he thought. "Oh look, food's here!"

Harry sat down and placed Louis' omelet in front of him. He grabbed a fork and immediately began to eat the substance in front of him. He let out a "MmM" noise as he continued to shovel the food in his mouth. He watched as Louis moved the food around on his plate, cutting the omelet into smaller pieces, some pieces so small they were nothing but mush.

Harry stabbed Louis' omelet with his fork and put a piece into Louis mouth as Niall and Harry looked down. Liam was oblivious to what they were doing. Chelsea was too busy texting to know anything was up.

Louis swallowed hard and smiled at Harry. When he noticed Harry wasn't looking anymore, he quickly spit the food out in a napkin he was holding in his lap. Niall noticed.

(iMessage)
Niall: Lad, he didn't swallow that. It's in his lap. 🤭

Harry: I know. Can you video it when he does it again? 🙏

Harry: I have something planned for later today.

Niall gave Harry a nod. Harry repeated feeding Louis. He could taste the slimy kale on his tongue. His body wanted him to swallow it but he just couldn't. Without even seeing if someone was watching him, he spit the food out in his napkin.