Chapter 19

I love you the more in that I believe you had liked me for my own sake and for nothing else.

- John Keats

Love is the answer, and you know that for sure; Love is a flower, you've got to let it grow.

-John Lennon

To be fond of dancing was a certain step towards falling in love.

-Jane Austen

You stare at the ceiling, thoughts swirling over the future. You were excited but at the same time, you felt incredibly insecure. You were unsure of what to think. You didn't want to leave your friends. What were you going to do?

There was only a few weeks until you and your classmates graduated from Duel Academy. You stood by the sea, wondering about the obstacles Jesse mentioned the other day. Wynn spoke up, "Y/N, what's wrong?"  You shake your head, "It's nothing, Wynn." Wynn suspected otherwise but chose not to press you further. She knew that you were hiding your true feelings. However, she knew that you would tell her when the time was right.

Moments later, you were working on an assignment. Jesse pokes your shoulder. Jesse asked, "Hey....are ya okay?" You try to muster up a smile, "I'm alright. I'm just a bit tired." You didn't like the fact that you were lying. You didn't have the heart to tell Jesse the truth. Jesse didn't look convinced. You sigh, "Fine...I'm worried." Jesse questions, "About graduation? I thought that you'd be excited." You exhale and admit, "Don't get me wrong I am but...I don't know why I feel this way. I should be excited and I know that. I don't know what we're going to do after everyone leaves." Jesse replies, "I see, so that's what you're worried about." Jesse gently pats your head, "It will be okay, gem. Whatever happens, we'll always have our friends by our side. They won't forget us that easily you know." Jesse kisses your cheek and Jaden groans, "Get a room you two!" You retort, "If you had a girlfriend you do the same thing." Alexis began to laugh, "Jaden, Y/N just gave you a lot of sass." Jesse held your hand underneath the desk you were both sitting at. He squeezes it in comfort, signalling that everything would be okay.

You were waiting for Jesse to come out of the classroom. He had apparently "forgotten" something. It had already been more than ten minutes and you were beginning to think that Jesse was up to something. Wynn remarks, "Looks like someone is extremely forgetful today. First, it was his books now this.....I don't think that this was intentional, Y/N." You reply with a shake of your head, "I know what you mean. Wynn, I don't know what he's up to but....it seems like he's hiding something from me." After a bit more time, Jesse finally emerges from the building. Jesse holds your hand and confesses, "That took a lot longer than I wanted it to. I just needed get something from Professor Banner and I ended up bumpin' into Jay." He kisses your cheek, "Are ya cold, gem?" You were about to shake your head when you suddenly let out a sneeze. Jesse chuckles and takes off his jacket. He said, "Here, take it. I don't want my girl getting sick." You blush at the way he said "my girl". You take the jacket and inhale Jesse's unique perfume. Jesse was in awe. The sleeves were a bit too long for your arms so they were draping over you. His jacket looked like a dress on your body. Jesse suddenly says, "Come on..there's somewhere I want to take you to." He takes your hand once more and begins to lead you to the unknown destination.

His heart completely melted when he saw how happy you were. Jesse never told you but he secretly loved it when you wore his clothes. This was one of those times where you had rendered him speechless. Jesse began to think of the place he was leading you to. When he was with Jaden and the other boys, he had wandered off on his own. When he continued to walk, he found himself in a dream-like environment. No words could describe how he felt when he saw the sight in front of him.

Moments later, you and Jesse were gazing at the sight in front of you

Moments later, you and Jesse were gazing at the sight in front of you. You look at the floating cherry blossoms and didn't notice that there were several of them scattered in your hair. You said, "Jesse....this is beautiful." Jesse smiles happily, "When I found this place, I wanted to show you right away. I know how much you love places like this." You give him a big smile and hug him. Jesse was taken aback at first but returned the embrace after a few moments. Jesse laid his large hand against your cheek. You felt timid at the action he took. He whispers, "Hey, look at me." He sealed his love for you with a sweet kiss.

Jesse laid beside you in the field of rosy cherry blossoms

Jesse laid beside you in the field of rosy cherry blossoms. You lay your head on his shoulder and entwine your fingers together. You said, "I feel like I'm in a fairy tale. I feel like a princess who's reuniting with her lost lover." Jesse replies, "If we were ever split apart, no matter what happens, my heart will always belong to you. No one else can have my heart because it already belongs to you, Y/N. I will never leave you and we will always find each other, no matter the circumstances." You feel Jesse's grip on your hand gently tighten as he spoke. You reply back, "I don't know what it would be like if you weren't by my side. Although, I know that I will always find my way back to you." Jesse kisses your forehead, "I love you, Y/N. I love you so much. You are my gem and you will always be only love." You blush in response, "I love you too, Jesse Anderson. No matter what happens, I'll never leave you for anyone else."

As you both declared your love for each other, cherry blossoms danced in the wind. They danced to celebrate the love you share for eternity.