Chapter 5

****The following morning****

You couldn't get the scenes of your nightmare out of your mind. "You okay? You seem like you're very deep in thought." You look up, "Alexis." Alexis said, "You usually don't space out like this." You shake your head, "It's nothing, Alexis. I'm just a bit tired." Alexis replies, "Alright. Just don't fall asleep in class like Jaden." You nod as you watch her walk ahead of you. Wynn spoke up, "Dark Magician Girl told me about the nightmare. Are you alright?" You reply, "I don't know, Wynn. My one question is: what am I going to tell Jesse?"

Meanwhile, Jesse felt uneasy about something. Ruby Carbuncle hid underneath Jesse's jacket. Jesse asked, "What's wrong, Ruby?" Jesse heard Jim's voice. Jim said, "Hey mate, you'd better come with me. There's something I think that you should see." Jesse follows Jim reluctantly as Ruby Carbuncle hid herself in fright. Jesse's eyes widen, "What's goin' on, Jim?" Jim explains, "Apparently, there's something here at the Obelisk dorms that have been causing a stir. It's not just at the boys' dorms, Jesse. The girls' are experiencing the same thing." Jesse felt a sense of uneasiness course through his body.

"W-What's going on?!" "Run away!" That was all you heard when you attempted to walk through the halls of the Obelisk girls' dorms that morning. You search for Alexis but fail to catch a glimpse of the blonde anywhere. You then realize that the dorms themselves were empty. You call out into the ghost-like space, "Hello! Is anyone here? If so, answer me!" Silence was the only reply you had gotten. You look around the dorm and suddenly sense something unusual. "Who goes there?" You ask, "Hey guys, did you hear that?" It was Aussa who answered, "Loud and clear. It sounds like that spirit is guarding something...or someone." You blink for a moment before speaking, "You're Winda, Priestess of Gusto." The spirit's eyes widen, "Wynn? It can't be!" You ask, "Wynn, do you know her?" Wynn sighs, "She's my older sister, Y/N. I haven't seen her in a very long time." Winda questions, "Wynn, what are you doing with a human?" Wynn replies, "This human is my friend, Winda. We heard a strange noise and decided to investigate. There have been creatures roaming around the academy and they've been causing utter chaos to the entire island." The wind priestess gazes at you for a moment and remarks, "I guess she's harmless." Wynn responds, "Quit treating her like she's an  animal, Winda!" You finally broke your silence, "Please stop arguing, you two. The last thing we need right now is a cat fight between two spirits." It was Hiita who came in between them. She said, "Break it up you two." Winda then said, "I don't have anything against your friend, dear sister. I just wanted to make sure that she was appropriately caring for you." Wynn reluctantly asked, "Will you help us, Winda?" Petit Dragon coos as if she were asking the same thing. Winda sighs, "I guess it wouldn't hurt. Besides, it means that I can be reunited with Wynn." You timidly smile in reply. Winda adds, "Now, you said that there was some kind of disturbance somewhere, didn't you?" Winda floats towards you, causing you to step back in surprise. You stutter out a reply, "Y-Yes." You clear your throat and add quickly, "We should see if everyone else is okay." Wynn nods in agreement. Winda calls out, "Hey! Don't just leave me here!"

Meanwhile, Alexis awoke with a heavy groan. She remarks, "What is this place and why am I getting a bad vibe about it?" She quickly untied herself and hid behind a wall. "Master Apep, we have lost our intruder." A deep voice answers, "It does not matter, that girl is useless to us anyway. The one I'm looking for possesses the ability of my late rival. She is the one I desire. Once I find her, she will be forced to be my queen. She will suffer the same fate as her." Alexis then realizes that the wall she was hiding behind had disappeared. The man smirks, "Tsk tsk. I thought that your parents told you that eavesdropping was disrespectful." He yells, "Get her!" That was when Alexis began to run.