Chapter 14

After your near death experience, Jesse became more wary of his surroundings. Since that day, he had been having many nightmares about losing you. To make things worse, these nightmares coincided with the academy's "creature" issue. Ruby Carbuncle was worried about Jesse's behaviour. To comfort the Crystal Beast wielder, she licks his cheek in reassurance.

Elsewhere, Melody Windrake and Aurelia Danvers arrive at Duel Academy island. Unbeknownst to you, they had come to visit you. Melody was in awe, "Aurie look at the size of this island!" Aurelia chuckles, "Yes, the island is quite big. I wonder where we would find Y/N." Melody points to a figure walking towards a building, "No need to look...I think that I found her."

You head towards the classroom to meet with Alexis and Zane. Apparently they wanted to speak to you about something. When you arrive, you see Alexis and Zane discussing something. They don't notice your presence so you clear your throat. Zane looks up, "Y/N, how long have you been there for?" You shrug, "Not long actually." Alexis replies with an apologetic tone, "Sorry about this." You shake your head, "No need to apologize, Alexis. I'll help you out in any way I can." Zane asked, "Y/N, do you have any idea what these creatures are?" You shake your head, "I wish I did, Zane. However, it seems like they're after someone in particular." Alexis became curious, "Why do you say that?" You reply, "Whenever those creatures appear, they seem distracted in some way. It's like they're trying to lure their target out to get a better view of how they should approach them." Zane didn't seem fazed by the observation, "That still doesn't explain why students are disappearing from the academy." Lemon Magician Girl said, "He has a point, Y/N. This can't be a coincidence. This has to be connected to that devil of a professor. It's not her you should be concerned about, there have been rumours about these disappearances being connected to your duel with that Castoria woman." Dharc lets out a small breath, "It's not that psycho professor I'm worried about. I'm more worried about those rumours, it means that you'll be subjected to several rounds of interrogation from everyone around you."  Alexis exhales, "I think that's enough of discussion for one day...I'm heading back to my dorm." Zane nods and replies, "Alright then." When Alexis leaves, Zane gathers his things and leaves after a few minutes.

Moments later, Melody sweat drops at Aurelia's constant observations. Melody remarks, "We're here to find (N/N) not write your autobiography." Before they knew it, they both bump into two unfamiliar people. Melody immediately apologizes, "S-Sorry! We should've watched where we were going.." Jesse chuckles, "It's alright. Ya didn't mean any harm." Aurelia asked, "Do you know where we could find Y/N L/N?" Jesse looks at Jaden and questions, "How do you know Y/N?" "Aurelia, Melody.." Jaden said, "Hey Y/N." You remark, "Aurie, you're just as curious as ever. Melody...you still act like such a child." Melody whines, "I do not!"

After a few introductions, Melody and Aurelia explain why they've come to Duel Academy. You respond with confusion, "Why were you looking for me?" Aurelia pushes up her glasses, "Let's see...you've been quiet and you hadn't been responding to our letters." Your cheeks darken, "W-Well....um...I was busy!" Jesse wraps his arm around your waist, "We were busy, right?" Melody whines, "You have a boyfriend?! Since when?" Dharc rolls his eyes, "Since before you nutcases came to visit." Lyna hits the back of his head, "Be nice!" You ignore the remark and just roll your eyes. You cross your arms, "I appreciate the fact that you came to visit." Aurelia said, "You talked about some crazy woman teaching here in one of your letters. Is she that bad, Y/N?" You rub your temples in annoyance, "Don't even get me started on them, Aurelia. She is quite the character. I find her quite bothersome."

A few hours later, both Aurelia and Melody left the academy with satisfied observations. You decided to speak up, "Jesse, you've been really quiet today. Are you okay?" Jesse didn't say anything which worried you more than you already were. You gave up on the matter and choose to observe Jesse silently. His usual cheerful demeanor was replaced with one of uncertainty and frustration. You ask, "Jesse? Are you mad at me?" He doesn't respond immediately which confirmed your suspicions. The silence continued until you watch Jesse leave the area.