Chapter 11

You had trouble sleeping after the revelation that came to your mind. Everyone noticed. Everyone noticed how you weren't acting like yourself. "Y/N, wake up. I said wake up!" Something hit your head, causing you to fall out of bed. You look around, "Was I dreaming?"  Aussa sighs, "You're lucky that Wynn isn't awake yet." Aussa adds, "Y/N, there's a lot we still don't know about those weird things flying around." You look out the window only to see Aussa in your face. Lyna quietly said, "Aussa, maybe you should move a bit." Aussa asked, "What's wrong with you?" You reply whilst facing away from the earth charmer, "Nothing...I'm just deep in thought." Lyna sighs, "Y/N, please don't hide your feelings from us. We only want to help." Dharc interrupts the conversation, "Hey Y/N, someone's knocking on the door. Open it before I turn the door into a black hole." The charmers vanish for a moment as you open the door. Alexis had her hands on her hips, "Nice to know that you're still alive." You reply, "Good morning to you too." Wynn remarks, "Calm yet biting back your tongue. So typical of you Y/N." You ignore Wynn's statement. Alexis adds with a sigh, "Can you please talk to Jesse?" You look at her and reply, "Why? It's clear that he needs time alone—" Alexis cut you off, "He doesn't need time alone, Y/N! He hasn't come out of his room since early this morning!" Alexis goes on, "I'm begging you, for Jesse's sake....please talk to him." Petit Dragon coos in agreement with the Obelisk queen. You exhale, "Alright..."

Moments later, you head in the direction of the Obelisk boys' dorms. All the male Obelisk students were staring at you with hearts in their eyes. Aussa rubs her temples, "Can't these guys act normal? Their stares are starting to give me a migraine." You didn't blame her, it felt as if each guy you passed was staring you down. It made you uncomfortable. Although, you also knew that you had to sort out your situation with Jesse. Even though he was your boyfriend, you found yourself pushing him away ever so slightly. You didn't want to though....you didn't want to break him.

Jesse loves you. He knew that for a fact. He hated the fact that you would not open your heart to him. "Don't be discouraged, Jesse." It was the voice of Crystal Beast Cobalt Eagle. Jesse didn't reply to his spirit's encouraging statement. Jesse finally spoke after moments of silence, "I do love her. I'm frustrated at the fact that she won't talk to me. I want to know what she's thinking. I want Y/N to open her heart to me." Jesse looks at the deck on his desk, "I don't want her to think that she has to go through this pain alone. I want to be the shoulder she can lean on." "Bii. Ruubii. Ruubi." Ruby Carbuncle licks Jesse's cheek in reassurance. Jesse smiles, "Thanks, girl. You really know how to cheer me up, don't ya?" "Bii." Jesse chuckles in response to Ruby's quick reply.

Zane Truesdale knew something was up with Jesse. He knew Jesse's personality well enough to know he was hurting. When Zane last saw Jesse, it was the previous day. His instincts told him to confront his depressed friend. Zane had asked, "Jesse, why won't you just talk to her?" Jesse had responded by shaking his head no. He hoped that he could patch up the strands of disagreement that frayed your relationship.

You couldn't find Jesse's dorm. You let out a huff only to bump into someone in the process. "Y/N?" You look up, "Atticus..." Atticus said, "Why are you at the boys' dorms?" You reply back, "I'm looking for Jesse." Atticus asked, "Is it about what happened earlier?" You nodded. "Atticus, Y/N?" You turn around, "Jesse?!?" You become flustered and hide behind Atticus. Atticus said, "Oh hey Jesse." Jesse asked, "Is Y/N with you? I thought I saw her here." Atticus shook his head, "No I haven't, sorry bud." You made a mental note to thank Atticus later. Jesse was slightly saddened, "Alright...thanks anyway." When Jesse left, you come out from behind the older male. You let out a sigh, "Sorry, Atticus. Thanks for covering for me." Atticus pats your head, "Don't worry about it. You know...you're going to have to confront him sooner or later." You look at the empty space, "I know. My plan was to find him and talk to him right away. I'm starting to have second thoughts about it now." Atticus responds with an uneasy expression, "Y/N you can't hide from Jesse forever. He's going to find out about your sadness soon."